Which is better, wordpress free or paid themes?

Argus

I am wanting to know which wordpress themes are better, the free ones or the paid ones?

It will be for a new website. I saw in a search that paid look better to people because they do not think you are being cheap. I do not want people to think that but I am new to wordpress (I think it was word press) and do not want to buy yet till I know it more better. I will buy if the free ones make it look cheap.

Thank you for all help.

Dean

Hi Argus. To answer your question, there is not a straight forward answer.

Usually the paid/premium themes have extra features, abilities, options and other extra benefits. This however doesn't mean that you need a paid theme to have a great looking Wordpress site. There are several real good free themes that have all kinds of premium features and will work just perfectly.

Many theme developers have both free and paid versions of their themes. That way you can use the free version and then if you like it and it fits your needs, you can upgrade and buy the paid/premium version of the theme. The premium version will have some of the previous things I mentioned that the free version won't have. This is kind of a way for theme developers to get people to try their themes with the hope that once they try them, they will buy the paid version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

There are some free themes that are better than the paid themes and there are paid themes that are better than free ones. It all comes down to what works best for what you are trying to do and how much customization you want to do with your WordPress site.

Usually with the paid versions of themes the developers update them more often. This isn't always the case but it is common from my experience.

Many of the free themes are built just to entice (draw) you into wanting more features so that you will eventually buy the paid version.

Most of the time you can always find a good free theme to do what you want, within reason. It just takes more time to look for one but if you have the time then that will save some money.

Good Luck. ;)

Argus

Hi Argus. To answer your question, there is not a straight forward answer.

Usually the paid/premium themes have extra features, abilities, options and other extra benefits. This however doesn't mean that you need a paid theme to have a great looking Wordpress site. There are several real good free themes that have all kinds of premium features and will work just perfectly.

Many theme developers have both free and paid versions of their themes. That way you can use the free version and then if you like it and it fits your needs, you can upgrade and buy the paid/premium version of the theme. The premium version will have some of the previous things I mentioned that the free version won't have. This is kind of a way for theme developers to get people to try their themes with the hope that once they try them, they will buy the paid version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean
Thank you.
So you can use the free one first and then buy the paid one later and will it mess up the website or no?

Argus

There are some free themes that are better than the paid themes and there are paid themes that are better than free ones. It all comes down to what works best for what you are trying to do and how much customization you want to do with your WordPress site.

Usually with the paid versions of themes the developers update them more often. This isn't always the case but it is common from my experience.

Many of the free themes are built just to entice (draw) you into wanting more features so that you will eventually buy the paid version.

Most of the time you can always find a good free theme to do what you want, within reason. It just takes more time to look for one but if you have the time then that will save some money.

Good Luck. ;)
Thank you.
How can you tell which free one are better? Paid is ok but I am new so I need to test this first if possible.