What time does a post on Facebook get the most views?

Nomnom

Facebook is one of the main social networks in which I promote my sites. I post whenever I have free time. Sometimes I post before I go to work. At times, I post when I'm having my lunch at work. Sometimes I post just before going home. Sometimes I post at night. But I haven't tried to look at the trend which posts got the most views.

Based on your experience, what is the best time of the day to post in Facebook? What time should you post to get more likes? Is the best time posting in facebook also applicable to other social media networks like Twitter and Reddit?

augusta

I don't think getting more views from Facebook depends on time.I think it about the number of people logging in for the period of posting.

Any time anyone login,they would definitely see the post.So the post important thing is for one to post catchy topicz.

TheArticulate

This is a tough one, and may depend on where you're located or what kind of page you're running. I'm an editor for a Facebook page that is very local-focused, in that it promotes anything that has to do with the city I live in. Because of this, our target demographic is easy to get a feel for because the majority of them live in the same city. The administrator for the page already did his research before bringing me on board, and told me that he only posted content at 7pm CST. He found that based on all the posts he'd made in the past, everything posted at 7pm performed the best.

The reasoning behind this, I think, is that 7pm gives people enough time to get home from work and settled into their evening routines and is when the most people are finally free to really check social media.

Now for you, this might not be the best idea. If your page has people from all across the world or different parts of the country, different time zones may come into play which kind of messes up the idea of an "ideal time" to post content.

Really, the only thing for you to do is start making posts and keeping an eye on your analytics. Find what time works best for your page and stick to that.

vinaya

facebook visibility does not depend on the time of the day. It is actually bases on you and your friends location. If you are based in India, your posts on facebook gets most exposure during the time of the day. When it is day in India, it will be night in the US. When the Indians are viewing your post, yor American friends will be sleeping. Therefore the best way to get visibility is to take account of your friends location.

TheArticulate

facebook visibility does not depend on the time of the day. It is actually bases on you and your friends location. If you are based in India, your posts on facebook gets most exposure during the time of the day. When it is day in India, it will be night in the US. When the Indians are viewing your post, yor American friends will be sleeping. Therefore the best way to get visibility is to take account of your friends location.
Given different people's location in the world, the time of day actually does matter, especially if you're posting to international crowds. It won't do much good to make your post at the peak time in India if your target market is Americans. While the specific hour and minute may not be of significance, time in general probably does play a large role in the visibility of posts, especially for smaller businesses.

People check social media throughout their day, a majority of them multiple times during the day. Because of this, I was always under the assumption you wanted your posts to go out at a reasonable time in the morning, that way it can be circulating during each peak moment throughout the day. The morning commute, lunch time, and then after work hours would all be chances for people to view your post if you post it first thing in the morning.

luispas

For me, the best time to post in Facebook would be in the nights, I think that people it's more active at those times, since 7pm you can start writing and receive comments and support, because everyone's so active at night, at least the most of my friends do it.
You should give it a try, that could increase your popularity. Reddit it's another great option, and maybe Quora, if you like to write you can spend more time on it, you have to be constant doing it.

yahm2001

Base on my experience the best time to post on facebook is day time..Most of my fb friends that time are active and willing to spend more time on fb during day time.

Kania

Most of my posts are seeming to get the most views in the middle of the day but there are sometimes that the morning are good too. I never seem to get many views in the evenings though at all. It probably depends on who the people are that are your friends and followers.

Link2write

I think the time is At 7:30pm to 11:00pm because its time most people are relaxing in this time. they are try to check social media.

Will247

It probably depends on what time the people you have as your followers are on Facebook and what time people you are targeting are on it.

I read some blog posts about Facebook marketing and it said that you need to identify your target audience and when they are on Facebook in order to determine the best posting times.

Ben

I seem to get the most likes in the late hours of the night and rarely in the mornings and afternoon times. I really could not tell you why but that has been the regular time frame for mine.

It probably depends more on what time the people you are targeting are on Facebook and doing things.

aleanna0926

After work hours, I guess. Around 7pm-10pm (Ph time). After work hours or busy hours, people use Facebook to kill time. Like when you are going home, you check your Facebook to get updates on what happened on that day. It is also time when people try to rest and sleep and uses Facebook to create a sleepy atmosphere.

kd06

Facebook is one of the main social networks in which I promote my sites. I post whenever I have free time. Sometimes I post before I go to work. At times, I post when I'm having my lunch at work. Sometimes I post just before going home. Sometimes I post at night. But I haven't tried to look at the trend which posts got the most views.

Based on your experience, what is the best time of the day to post in Facebook? What time should you post to get more likes? Is the best time posting in facebook also applicable to other social media networks like Twitter and Reddit?

My answer would not be time of the day but day of the week and I would have to say Saturdays and Sundays. These are the days when most people are just at home and relaxing, probably doing nothing but browsing their Facebook or Twitter accounts. I actually get most likes on these days for even the students are usually home on this days.

JennyJ

My Facebook posts that I make in the morning hours before lunch times or early afternoon time always get the most views for me.

I don't know if it depends on what niche you are posting things for or not but these times work the best for me.

Maria Marketing

Based on my experience it will be better in the mornings. I have tried to do afternoon and evenings but they do not get the best results. I read somewhere that mornings were the best and I tried them and they are doing real good at those time.

I am taking about after breakfast time and not the early hours.