What social media do you use to promote your blog or website?

Eric Hutcheson

That's good to start with. I think you should make a profile on LinkedIn too. Their professional community is very strong and you can make some strong connects on LinkedIn.
A rough breakup of average users on each of the popular network goes like this:
Facebook: 1.35 billion
LinkedIn: 332 million
Instagram: 300 million
Twitter: 284 million
and so on.
PS: Please note that above estimation is 2-3 months old.

Kenneth

It is commonly suggested that to increase your brand presence, you need to be active on all forms of social media. While that may be true, unless your company has a dedicated social media coordinator, finding the time to maintain every platform out there can be extremely time consuming.
here is our guide to choosing the best platform for your business, and how to make the most out of them.

1. Twitter
Who should use it: Everyone – from individuals to the largest multinational corporations
2. Instagram
Who should use it: Lifestyle, food, fashion, personalities and luxury brands
3. LinkedIn
Who should use it: Businesses especially B2B service providers, Recruiters and Job-Seekers
4. Facebook
Who should use it: Everyone and their grandmas
5. Google+
Who should use it: Brands already on the other major social networks, B2B networking, bloggers

Last edited by a moderator:

robertdn

Depends on the Niche too , on which niche I have to run the campaign according to that I choose my Social media platform.
I don't think niche can affect to traffic when promoting on social networks. It depends on which way you will use to promote on them.

ulterios

I use Facebook, Twitter and Google+ mostly.

Twitter is the one I use the most because it has generated the most traffic for my sites from all social media networks. Facebook comes in second behind Twitter.

I plan on expanding into different social networks at some point as time permits.

Dean

I use Twitter and Facebook for most of my site promoting that I do on social media. I dabble in some of the other big social media platforms but just haven't got the results that compare to my main two.

I do think it really depends on what your site is about though and I guess mine just work better on Twitter and Facebook.

Cheers, Dean.

Marketing Masala

Well it depends who you are targeting or what sort of business you are into. If yours is B2B company go for Linkedin simply because corporate professionals love to hang out on it. On the other hand if yours is a B2C company choose Twitter, facebook or pinterest simply because it allows you to play with images, videos etc.

Cheers
Shivankit Arora

Kania

The social media websites that I am using right now to promote my blog are Facebook the most and then a little bit of promoting on Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter.

When I learn more about social media marketing I will try other social media websites.

KeralMTG

I use facebook for most of the promoting for my blog but sometimes I use google plus and twitter. Facebook just gets more people giving likes and going to my blog so I like it much better than the others. Some people say google plus is good for seo so I do a little on there some times.

John11

Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and instagram are the most famous social media platforms and these channels are also loaded with million of users. Mostly companies focus on twitter and Facebook to increase their product sales but we should decide the social media channels based on the targeted audience. It is always advice-able for marketers to choose the social channels where their targeted audience spend most of their time.