What is the best blog post length in words?

Ellen F

I have been seeing a lot of conflicting information about what the best blog post length in words is these days so I was hoping that some of you can help me out with some good information.

What would be an ideal blog post length in words?

Does it have to be a certain length in words for the best rankings?

Thanks for any tips everybody. :D

Maria Marketing

I don't think that there's really a number of words that would be best. I think it really depends on what the post is about and what points or information you want to talk about.

I think the main thing is that you don't want to have blog posts that are so small with no real value for the readers of the post.

Kania

I agree with maria Marketing. There is no set number of words but you just do not want them to be too short or poor quality. Longer is better some times but you just do not want to put more words in them just to make them longer. That usually makes them look bad.

JennyJ

I read that they should be over 1000 words in length for the best results. That has been my target but some are a little shorter and some longer.

I think as long as they are not really short and useless to your readers then it might not matter too much.

KeralMTG

I think that between 500 words and 1000 words will be a real good blog post length. If it is too short then it might look like a low quality post and if it is too long then people might not ever finish reading it.

Catherine1

Lately I have been trying to make mine between 700 and 1000 words.

This way they should be long enough to have everything in them that is needed but not too long so that people will not want to finish them.

ion

I don't think there's an ideal length or words per blog. Actually it's up to your blogs I think, if how you really excited to write. But there's an average or minute per blog if you going to read it. The ideal minutes if you going to read the blogs is seven minutes, and that seven minutes of blogs compose of 1,600 words.

goddex23

I think the word count must be of medium size to attract users to get the nitty gritty of what the post is all about nothing too small nor too long.word count between 500-1000 can just be alright for a very good blogpost.

Dean

I really would not worry too much about a specific amount of words for an article as long as they are not too short and are not really providing good value to the readers of your posts.

I have seen articles that were 200-300 words that are about those that are double, triple or even more in the amount of words.

I would make sure everything that should be in the article is in there and not go crazy with a high word count that many people might not even finish.

Longer is better but keep in mind that, your post needs to provide enough information to readers, in that case, your posts should care about the length of post any more.

Adrianhenry

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as the ideal blog post length depends on a variety of factors such as your audience, the topic you are covering, and your goals for the blog post. However, some general guidelines are:
  • For most blog posts, a length of 300-1000 words is considered a good range.
  • If you are writing a blog post to rank well on search engines, aim for at least 300 words, as shorter posts may not contain enough information to rank well.
  • If you are writing a detailed or in-depth blog post, 1000-2000 words may be appropriate.
  • Ultimately, the key is to focus on providing valuable, relevant, and well-written content that engages and informs your audience, rather than just hitting a certain word count.