What is good to market these days?

Melker

I heavily promote PPL (pay per lead...lead generation) offers. This is because there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a form, so conversion rates are typically much higher compared to offers that require a sale to be made.

I favor offers that have a make, get or save money benefit to them, as they have overall worked the best. They also tend to have the greatest mass appeal (will be of interest to a large general audience), so the potential exists to produce high volume and they are fairly easy to cross promote on the back-end.

Some of the verticals (niches) I have done extremely well with are: education, insurance, loans, debt, credit, mortgage, assistance, discount offers, homeowner offers, etc...

The bulk of the offers that I promote pay $20-$40 per lead, but I also promote offers that pay more and less. You don't want to get caught up solely on what an offer pays because how well it converts is just as important. For example, if you have an offer that pays $9, but if it converts at 2X or more of a $20 offer, then it will perform about the same and possibly better. At the same time, if you have an offer that pays $90 and it converts poorly, it may not even be worth promoting.

Bottom line: it's far easier to get someone fill out a short form than to get them to pull out their credit card and make a purchase. So why struggle with trying to sell this or that, when you can provide free information that users want/need and get paid well doing it.

Something to think about.
I have never tried lead generation offers. Do they work better than affiliate marketing?

That $20-$40 per lead sounds good if you can get the leads. :)

Melker

Yes Nutrition offers and they belong to the health niche if I am not wrong. It's not that easy promoting such campaigns as you will eventually require a good cloaker which costs a lot of money. I have to agree with the what the above member posted. You should go with lead gen offers as people do not to shell out their credit card to purchase the product.
I like the sound of the lead generation offers but that is completely foreign to me and I know nothing about it. Do you think those would be something an amateur marketer should try or is it better to get some experience first?