What do you think about automated messages?

Dean

There are a lot of people and businesses on the social media networks and especially on Twitter that use automated messages that they send to people. Lots of people around the web say that that is not good and that people shouldn't do it.

What do you think about using automated messages on the social media websites?

ulterios

I think that they are ok to use as long as you aren't using them to spam or trying to push someone to go to a link that you send in them.

When you get a new follower or friend then sending them some kind of thank you for connecting with you and maybe a link to your site and just say something about if they want or if they have the time then they might want to check it out.

Some of the social sites crack down on automated messages if they are abused (in their minds). ;)

Catherine1

I don't think that most people would have a problem with them as long as you are not spamming them. I would just make sure that what you are sending is good and can't be seen as spam and then that should be fine.

ulterios

I don't think that most people would have a problem with them as long as you are not spamming them. I would just make sure that what you are sending is good and can't be seen as spam and then that should be fine.
There are some people that think that basically anything that you send to them that isn't requested is spam. I think that these days some people are just a little too touchy about these types of things.

I have seen some things around the web like Dean pointed out where they say that it's not a good idea to send these but I think that they just might be too cautious. ;)

Catherine1

There are some people that think that basically anything that you send to them that isn't requested is spam. I think that these days some people are just a little too touchy about these types of things.

I have seen some things around the web like Dean pointed out where they say that it's not a good idea to send these but I think that they just might be too cautious. ;)
Some people are too touchy these days. I understand if you keep sending them but just one or very rarely should not be a problem in my opinion.

Dean

Some people are too touchy these days. I understand if you keep sending them but just one or very rarely should not be a problem in my opinion.
That's partly because Google and the rest of the internet world have taken a stance on spam and now it seems like if something is even suspected as spam it is automatically labelled as such. I do agree that some people are to touchy about it though.

Catherine1

That's partly because Google and the rest of the internet world have taken a stance on spam and now it seems like if something is even suspected as spam it is automatically labelled as such. I do agree that some people are to touchy about it though.
I think that Google plays a big role in that. They think everyone but them is a spammer. :p