Should we make different posts on each social media site?

Overthinkingmom

I have friends in Facebook that are not my friends in Instagram or vice versa, so I see no problem to post the same thing on both my accounts. And even if I have the same friends in different social media I think it's still ok to make the same post as long as it's not posted everyday or the content is good, postive,informative and entertaining.

Too much of everything is not good just post in moderation. It became annoying to check newsfeed flooded with post from the same person and all you see are the products they are selling over and over again.

HannaMN

I'm not an expert on using social media but for me, it's okay if you post the same content on all your social media account. Because you don't have the same viewers, friends or followers, do you? Like for example, Not all your friends on facebook are your followers on twitter.So to make sure that you are showing everything to everyone, it won't hurt to post the same content on different social media accounts. I hope you understand what i'm trying to say. I'm not that good in explaining things.:runnow:

Toshiro Cotta

I usually always make the same or similar posts an all the social media sites that I use. I was wondering if I should be posting about different things on each one. I am mostly posting for content marketing to get people to my blog. Should I post different things on different social media sites or does it not matter?
It is fine to repost content on different social media platforms. Each platform has a unique reach and therefore, getting the same content out in different places can help build your audience and impact.

At the same time, I would recommend having some posts which are unique to that platform. This gives followers a reason to follow your other social media accounts.

Another thing you could do is post the same content with slight variations. For example, if it is a text post, you could edit the copy (the writing) slightly to make it unique.

If it is an image post, you could edit the presentation a bit. This allows you to spread the same information or content across platforms but at the same time give each its own appeal.

asdfghjkra

I post different stuff on each of my social media accounts depending on the followers that I have. I don't want to be a redundant social media user by flooding the same things on each of my social media accounts. Some people may perceive you as someone who wants too much attention.

Kania

I think its okay to post the same thing in all your social media if you were referring to facebook, twitter, and instagram as long as you are true to your post. I usually post my picture on Instragam and I just link it to my facebook account. But when I post qoutes I usually use facebook. I don't have twitter account because I don't need it.
It is for Facebook and Google+ and some on Twitter. I have not started an Instagram account yet because I don't know how to use it yet.

I have friends in Facebook that are not my friends in Instagram or vice versa, so I see no problem to post the same thing on both my accounts. And even if I have the same friends in different social media I think it's still ok to make the same post as long as it's not posted everyday or the content is good, postive,informative and entertaining.

Too much of everything is not good just post in moderation. It became annoying to check newsfeed flooded with post from the same person and all you see are the products they are selling over and over again.
I have seen some of my newsfeeds with many posts from the same person that are the same exact things. It makes it look like spam.

I'm not an expert on using social media but for me, it's okay if you post the same content on all your social media account. Because you don't have the same viewers, friends or followers, do you? Like for example, Not all your friends on facebook are your followers on twitter.So to make sure that you are showing everything to everyone, it won't hurt to post the same content on different social media accounts. I hope you understand what i'm trying to say. I'm not that good in explaining things.:runnow:
That's good to think about because I don't know if any of my friends and followers are the same or not. I never really checked.

It is fine to repost content on different social media platforms. Each platform has a unique reach and therefore, getting the same content out in different places can help build your audience and impact.

At the same time, I would recommend having some posts which are unique to that platform. This gives followers a reason to follow your other social media accounts.

Another thing you could do is post the same content with slight variations. For example, if it is a text post, you could edit the copy (the writing) slightly to make it unique.

If it is an image post, you could edit the presentation a bit. This allows you to spread the same information or content across platforms but at the same time give each its own appeal.
I should make some posts that I never put on any other social media website? What if I just change the words around?

I post different stuff on each of my social media accounts depending on the followers that I have. I don't want to be a redundant social media user by flooding the same things on each of my social media accounts. Some people may perceive you as someone who wants too much attention.
I understand. I have heard people being called attention whores because they always want people paying attention to them. I don't want to be that way.

Maria Marketing

I have been trying to figure out some kind of system to keep track of all my posts. I will probably make a spreadsheet for each social media website and just use that unless I can find something else.
I recently made a spreadsheet to list all of my blog posts so I was just going to use that since their is room for extra fields.

Marcos

I have been working on a system for my social posting and have a spreadsheet with all of my blog posts and other posts listed. I am going to mix up what gets posted on each social media website and keep things separated so nothing is in the top posts and tweets that is similar to another social website.
That sounds like an excellent idea. I have been working out a plan for my social media posts to do something similar to this.

In my opinion try making it different, make sure that the contents are consistent with the other ones just, be more creative on your approach or on how you present the product. There are friends in your facebook account that can also be a follower in your instagram account , twitter or whatever social media site you use, by making your post a little different on the other one it will give them more sides of what you are selling also they will also think that you really put your effeort time and mind in it. So trying different approach might be a good idea.

Heather

If you have different followers on each of your social media accounts, why not? If not, I don't think that is necessary for you to do so. You should at least make a new and appealing post if you want to promote, I personally don't read post again and again, it will not change anyway. If you can't even make an interesting promotions or anything new to your posts, who will draw attention to visiting your blog? Think ahead. :) there is a lot way to get attention don't spam.

Kania

That sounds like an excellent idea. I have been working out a plan for my social media posts to do something similar to this.
I am still trying to work out a plan so that there will always be something different on each social media website.

Kieranlewix

I usually always make the same or similar posts an all the social media sites that I use. I was wondering if I should be posting about different things on each one. I am mostly posting for content marketing to get people to my blog. Should I post different things on different social media sites or does it not matter?
I think it is okay to post similar things on different social media sites but even as you do this you should consider your friends.By this I mean that if your friends on facebook also follow you on twitter, it would be a good idea to post different content on the two social media sites.This is to avoid boring your followers with the same information they find somewhere else.
If you have different friends on all social media platforms then it is okay to post the same information on all the platforms.

Kania

If you have different followers on each of your social media accounts, why not? If not, I don't think that is necessary for you to do so. You should at least make a new and appealing post if you want to promote, I personally don't read post again and again, it will not change anyway. If you can't even make an interesting promotions or anything new to your posts, who will draw attention to visiting your blog? Think ahead. :) there is a lot way to get attention don't spam.
I think most of my followers are different on each social media website but I am not sure. What is better if I don't know?

I think it is okay to post similar things on different social media sites but even as you do this you should consider your friends.By this I mean that if your friends on facebook also follow you on twitter, it would be a good idea to post different content on the two social media sites.This is to avoid boring your followers with the same information they find somewhere else.
If you have different friends on all social media platforms then it is okay to post the same information on all the platforms.
I think most of my followers are different but I have never looked through the lists to see for sure if they are. I think I will just be mixing them up to be safe.

Marcos

I am still trying to work out a plan so that there will always be something different on each social media website.
I was working on a system these last few days so I think I have it figured out so that there will be new and different posts on each social network I am using.

Kania

I was working on a system these last few days so I think I have it figured out so that there will be new and different posts on each social network I am using.
Is your system hard to do? I just took and put random posts from my blog in different orders for each social media website on a spreadsheet and I will just post them from there and also add in some other random posts for other websites. I read this is good.

Marcos

No, I just put some posts in order of new to old, old to new and some from middle out. It may be strange but I have done things similar to this before and it worked real good.

Dean

When I first started using social media as a way to help drive extra traffic to my sites and for internet marketing purposes I was not mixing up my posts or varying them in any way. I posted the same thing on all the social media sites that I was using and I had ok success with it.

Then I started to make sure that there were different posts on each social media site at any given time and it really improved everything I was wanting out of the use of social media.

So I highly recommend mixing up your posts, Tweets, etc. and I am sure that you will get more out of your social media efforts.