Should I only use web hosting that has cPanel?

Should I only use web hosting that has cPanel?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Will247, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if cpanel uses a lot of resources but I saw that cpanel has some sort of support for to ask questions about it so maybe you can ask there and see what they will tell you about it. You can also maybe try searching google about it too.

2. Ben

Ben Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I have only used a few different control panel for web hosting over the years but I can say that cpanel is by far the easiest of them to learn and use.

Some may look easier but they just don't function as well as they look. I would get a cpanel host if it's possible.

3. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    It depends on if you like cpanel or not but I like it so that is the only kind of web hosting I want to use.

4. Will247

Will247 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'll think about doing that possibly.
    Thanks for your advice. That is probably going to be a requirement for me going forward.
    I like it but didn't know if there was anything better or some kind of negative with using it.

5. Marcos

Marcos Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I have not done a search for it but I am sure that it is some kind of compressed format. Maybe something specific to websites or information used on web hosting accounts.

6. Will247

Will247 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I read a small article on moving hosting to new services yesterday and it is some kind of compressed format from what I understood.

I think that they use it to move the entire account including the settings but I am not 100% sure on that.

7. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    The only negative thing I have seen people say about it is that it looks old fashioned.

8. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Some are also hard to understand what to do if you want to make some changes. I used 1 other control panel and it was not as good as cpanel.