Should I delete inactive emails from my list?

Ellen F

Well @Kania I still would not delete them unless you had a good reason or they asked for it personally. You never know when they may become of some good.

Kania

I am using an Excel spreadsheet for my email list and I have a field for things like when and if someone does something. If you are using something like that then you can track your activities maybe.
I am using a spreadsheet for mine too. I will probably do something similar to that.

Well @Kania I still would not delete them unless you had a good reason or they asked for it personally. You never know when they may become of some good.
After some thinking then I will probably just keep them until they want to be removed.

Maria Marketing

I am using a spreadsheet for mine too. I will probably do something similar to that.
I saw some spreadsheet forms that you could download on some website for free somewhere that had many different free templates and I saw some for email lists.

I don't remember the website but you can do a search and maybe find some good ones that will fit your needs.

Kania

I saw some spreadsheet forms that you could download on some website for free somewhere that had many different free templates and I saw some for email lists.

I don't remember the website but you can do a search and maybe find some good ones that will fit your needs.
I can look for them and see if there is a better one than mine. Thank you for the share. :D

SueAssists

Kania said:
I have many emails on my list that never get anything happen with them. Should I delete them after some time if they do not do anything good?
Have you answered your question Kania?

You say: "they do not do anything good?"

So absolutely! Delete them.

You didnt say how they "never get anything happen with them".

Are they inactive or no opens or no clickthroughs or worse going into spam folder therefore not been seen?

The last point is not good because when they finally do open your email and can't remember who you are, clicking the spam button is a biggy for you and not a good thing for you or your autoresponder provider neither.

Delete them because:

• There's no point talking to people who aren't listening.
  • It will affect any stats you keep. What do I mean? Well, having 100 subscribers and only 30 are consistently opening for over 3months do you really have 100 subscribers?
  • Many autoresponder providers charge per email address whether unopens or unsubscribes. Less is more here because you'll get a lower autoresponder monthly charge if you keep in a lower quantity price band.
Clean your list and have a responsive list rather than a bloated list full of inactive email addresses.

JayChel

I usually do not delete inactive emails on my list, thinking maybe I could use them in the future. Also, for me there is really no need to delete them. Keeping as many contacts may help me in the future, that's what I always think.

yuekai

Reserve it you may need it someday, Nothing will lose if you keep it as long as you are not paying any fee on that email. I have a 10 email and I use them when emergency came if you know what I mean.. fake registration like that :)

samie peralta

No, it wouldn't advisable to delete that emails,you wouldn't know if they want to have something from you just maybe in some other time. But if you really want, then you should, though inactive email is a trash, you will just waste your time.