Should I delete inactive emails from my list?

Should I delete inactive emails from my list?

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by Kania, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I have many emails on my list that never get anything happen with them. Should I delete them after some time if they do not do anything good?

2. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't delete them myself because there are often times that it takes a lot of emails to get someone to bite and make you a conversion.

You never know when someone is going to become a good source of income.

3. Will247

Will247 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't delete any emails that are not giving you the results you want unless they are costing you money.

Are you using a paid emailing service?

4. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    No I do not use any kind of paid service to send them because my email list is still a small list.

5. Maria Marketing

Maria Marketing Active Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you should delete them unless they ask to be removed from your email list. Sometime it can take a long time till someone decides to buy something or signup for something you are offering them.

If you delete them then you are removing the chance for a future gain of some kind.

6. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    They have not asked to be removed from my list but they are just not responding to them or buying anything from them. I know it can sometime take a long time but some have never done anything for some months now.

I should just keep them there forever even if they don't do anything with my emails?

7. Will247

Will247 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Then if they are not costing you any money and should not be costing you time then I would just keep them and see what happens later on.

8. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    I have gotten responses and/or made conversions from emails that took over a year for that to finally happen. I would only delete them if you are 100% sure that they are not of any value whatsoever.

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    I would personally only delete them if they asked to be removed or if the email addresses were not real or your emails were not able to be delivered.

You never know when someone will become of benefit to whatever your needs are.

10. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I did not think people would respond after that long. Mine has only been a few months for some so then that is not as long as I thought.

Now that some people have said some things I think that is right. I don't want to delete someone that I might get money from later.

11. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    Sometimes it takes some people a long time before they either make a decision, show interest or just happen to see something that interests them.

Haven't you ever gotten emails from someone or some website or blog that you don't respond to until you saw something you are interested in?

12. Maria Marketing

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you don't need to keep them forever but maybe a year at the minimum just to be safe.

13. Ellen F

Ellen F Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I was reading on email marketing a while ago and it said not to ever delete emails from your mailing list unless they are getting sent back as being unable to deliver.

It said that it can often be a long time before some people will become an asset for your promotions.

14. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I thought it might take a couple of months but for a year or more I thought they would never be good for anything.

I think I will do something like that maybe.

What if it has been some years and they never did anything for you?

15. Ben

Ben Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't delete them unless they asked to be removed from your mailing list. If you do then you are just lowering your possibilities of ever getting any kind of benefits from that person.

16. Maria Marketing

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    You can try to keep some kind of record that shows when people respond to your emails and see how many you would have not gotten anything from if you had deleted them.

That way you will know if it was a good idea or not.

17. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    Most of the time if people don't produce in the first several months then they might not ever but there are times where it can take longer.

Some people just don't respond to emails except on a rare occasion and that can take a long time with some.