Should I build links to my home page or my post pages?

Maria Marketing

I know that I need to build more links to my blog to have it get better rankings and get more traffic for it but I am not sure about something.

Should I try to build the links to the home page of my blog or to the individual blog posts?

Any advice or any kind of good information will be very helpful since I really do not know that much about SEO.

Online Bliss

Should I try to build the links to the home page of my blog or to the individual blog posts?

You can do both, but if on the site that you are going to build backlinks, it has too many pages then you should use Backlink technique on individual blog posts, that is more safer and better for SEO. Anyway, link to homepage will make site's homepage stronger on search engine results.

Dean

It would be better to build them to all of your pages and posts because this can help you rank better for more keywords and it will look more natural.

Just try to build links to the different pages and posts that are relevant to the content on them.

Maria Marketing

I think you can use both, But It depends on you, what you want & what are you doing ?
If I am just wanting to get better rankings then which is the best?

You can do both, but if on the site that you are going to build backlinks, it has too many pages then you should use Backlink technique on individual blog posts, that is more safer and better for SEO. Anyway, link to homepage will make site's homepage stronger on search engine results.
I have about 50 pages. Is that considered too many?

Whatever is easier to do. Both should be built in the long term.
I think they would be about the same. What if they are just as easy?

It would be better to build them to all of your pages and posts because this can help you rank better for more keywords and it will look more natural.

Just try to build links to the different pages and posts that are relevant to the content on them.
I did not think of that. I just want to make sure I don't do something that the search websites think is bad and have them hurt my rankings.

Google is much more concerned about a site’s internal pages than its homepage – because the information that will be useful to search users – blog posts, for example – is often not found on the homepage. So you have to create backlinks for homepage as well as internal pages.
So I have to have the links in my pages that have links to other ones on my blog?