Is loading speed the most important thing for a website?

KeralMTG

I am seeing a lot of people here and some other places worried a lot about the loading speed of their website. Is that the most important thing for a website or is there something more important?

Will247

I think that there are many different things that are important and it might vary from one person to another as to what they value the most.

I prefer speed and navigation ease myself but there will be others that have other things they like best.

KeralMTG

I think that there are many different things that are important and it might vary from one person to another as to what they value the most.

I prefer speed and navigation ease myself but there will be others that have other things they like best.
I like those things too but all I see people talking about nowadays is speed. There are so many posts about it and things on social media sites about it.

Will247

I like those things too but all I see people talking about nowadays is speed. There are so many posts about it and things on social media sites about it.
Google gives better rankings for faster websites so that is a big reason why they care I think.

KeralMTG

Google gives better rankings for faster websites so that is a big reason why they care I think.
Yes I think that has much to do with it for the owners of the websites but the people that are using the websites are not very patient nowadays so that is some of the reason too.

Will247

Yes I think that has much to do with it for the owners of the websites but the people that are using the websites are not very patient nowadays so that is some of the reason too.
Everyone wants everything instantly these days. They should try using a dial-up modem like long ago.

vishwa

Page speed definitely impact your site performance in search engine rankings. If you sites loads more than 2 seconds than you might think about it. According to an independent study, if your site loads more than 2 seconds than Google drops your ranking. Its also impact your user engagement. People won't visit your site if its loads slowly.

Kania

Page speed definitely impact your site performance in search engine rankings. If you sites loads more than 2 seconds than you might think about it. According to an independent study, if your site loads more than 2 seconds than Google drops your ranking. Its also impact your user engagement. People won't visit your site if its loads slowly.
It really has to be 2 seconds or less or we get lower rankings? My blog is a little above 4 seconds or a little below it some times. Maybe that is hurting my blog alot.

Maria Marketing

Different people are probably going to think that different things are the most important so some might think that the loading speed is the most important but some probably will not.

I would put the quality of the materials on the website as the most important thing but I also don't want the website to be loading too slow either.

CookieRunner

I believe that Speed is one of the factors you need to consider in building a website and as well as the other factors like content, theme, design and easy navigation... its all equally important and you have to consider all of it. Each and everyone has their own preferences about website and you just have to great in all aspects in order for your website to be a success.