Is it worth it to boost posts on Facebook?

Catherine1

I keep getting these messages on Facebook about boosting my posts but I have never tried it. Does anyone know if this will get any good results or if it's just a waste of time?

ulterios

Well it depends upon you post. If you think its going to attract more visitors then you might want to boost your post. As it is a paid option and shouldn't go for it if you don't feel necessary.
Have you ever done that? If so then how well did it work for you?

I was also curious as to how successful they can be. I always get those little Facebook notices for boosting my posts but I have yet to try it.

Dean

I've been thinking about trying out the "Boost Post" feature on Facebook but haven't done it yet. Since it is only a few dollars I was going to look at it as a cheap learning experience and go into it not expecting much. If it did well then I would count that as a bonus to the learning.

vishwa

I also never tried their "Boost Post'' feature of Facebook. However I think it their form of sponsored advertising. Some of my blogger friends have tried it and it works little for them. Facebook charge you too much for these type of advertising.

KeralMTG

I see those messages too but I have not ever tried it. I probably will some day. If you do boost your post then let us know how it worked out for you.

Maria Marketing

We have tried, we got about 20,000 post reach and we also got some traffic to our site. I believe it's better to go with facebook ads rather than post boost.
Why is Facebook ads better? Do Facebook ads get better conversions, sales or leads?

If the post boosting is not going to really do anything then maybe I would just go with using Facebook ads instead of boosting posts and wasting my money.

ulterios

Facebook ads provided us better conversion and leads to our business. Facebook ads allow us to customise the ads better than boosting a post, which leads to higher conversion.
That's what I was going to say but you beat me to it. ;)

Facebook ads are better for customized advertisements and boosting posts usually only produce some likes.

Storm

If you just want brand awareness or likes then you can boost but if you are looking for sales or something along those lines then facebook advertising will be better.