Is it ok to send marketing emails on the weekend?

JennyJ

I send mine on the weekends sometime and have not had any bad reactions or unsubscribers for this as far as I know.

I think these days most people know that the business world runs 7 days a week so they should not have any problems because of getting emails on the weekends.

Ellen F

By the look of my inboxes I think that everyone seems to think that sending marketing emails on the weekends is fine so I don't think many, if any, people would really have a problem with it.

The worst thing would happen would be that people might not read anything you send them until Monday but that shouldn't really matter I would think.
If they waited till Monday that would be fine by me. I know that there are often times that I wait till Monday to read emails that I get over the weekend.
I send mine on the weekends sometime and have not had any bad reactions or unsubscribers for this as far as I know.

I think these days most people know that the business world runs 7 days a week so they should not have any problems because of getting emails on the weekends.
That's good to know. One of the things that I was worried about was people unsubscribing. Thanks for your reply.

Kania

I think you can send your emails any day you want. In these days we all get emails on all the days and people should be used to this happening. If they are busy or don't want to look at them then they can just read them after the weekend is over.

SueAssists

Ellen said:
I was wondering if it is better to send marketing emails on the weekdays only or if it's ok to send them on the weekend also. Is this an ok practice or does it look unprofessional by doing business on weekends by means of marketing emails?
Echoing some of the other replies, even if you sent on a weekend are you sure they will be opened on the weekend?

Have you noticed what emails arrive on a weekend in your inbox or on recognised holidays ie NewYears Eve? If you open them, I bet many of your subscribers would too if you gave them the chance. ;)

Test and send this weekend then look at your opening stats. Your subscribers will answer your question better than we can me thinks!

yuekai

Do not make it weekdays you will just bother that person, better to make it in weekdays, for me what I do is every customer I have I always save their email address and keep sending them our new and latest products every Sunday.

Ellen F

Echoing some of the other replies, even if you sent on a weekend are you sure they will be opened on the weekend?

Have you noticed what emails arrive on a weekend in your inbox or on recognised holidays ie NewYears Eve? If you open them, I bet many of your subscribers would too if you gave them the chance. ;)

Test and send this weekend then look at your opening stats. Your subscribers will answer your question better than we can me thinks!
No I am not sure that they would be opened on the weekends. I was thinking that they might not because many people do other things on the weekends and my time and efforts would be wasted.

Catherine1

I get marketing emails every day of the week and even on holidays so I don't think there would be a problem with sending them on the weekends.

You might not get the same success that you would on weekdays but that depends on the people on your emailing list.

Dean

I think the best time is when your recipients up because if you send in their sleep hours, they may skip your email when they up because of a lot emails or your email will be buried in their a lot emails.
How would you know when they are up, especially if you don't know their local time?