Is it hard to get a new blog approved by the ad networks?

Ellen F

Hi everybody, I have a question that I have been searching for an answer for but can't find.

I want to know if it's hard to get a new blog approved by the ad networks? Is there a certain amount of time that a blog has to be around before they will approve it or do they just look to see that there is enough good posts and quality writing?

I have looked everywhere but there is so much confusing or real old information that I can't make sense of this.

I'd really appreciate and help finding this out.

Thanks everybody, EF

ProfMike

I am by no way a expert on Blogs, but it would seem that the content of the Blog and the traffic that the site is experiencing would play a big role in the availability of Ad Networks wanting to place ads on the site.

I have not run Blogs for myself or my customers but the Ad networks that have reached out to my customers and myself for both my personal sites and customer sites have all been interested in traffic stats and the quality of the targeted traffic for the topic of the site. They have based there advertising costs (what they would pay the site) to those stats.

They have even requested that we update the advertiser with monthly stats if there is a major swing in the traffic in either direction. Of course with the code we implement for them with an accepted offer they get those stats quicker than we do if they want them.

With affliate marketing this would not have any impact as that marketing pertain more to actual sales and the payments made for sales. All they have asked for there is average monthly impressions and how the topic of the site pertains to their item.

Again by no way am I an expert on this, this is just what I have seen.

Ellen F

I am by no way a expert on Blogs, but it would seem that the content of the Blog and the traffic that the site is experiencing would play a big role in the availability of Ad Networks wanting to place ads on the site.

I have not run Blogs for myself or my customers but the Ad networks that have reached out to my customers and myself for both my personal sites and customer sites have all been interested in traffic stats and the quality of the targeted traffic for the topic of the site. They have based there advertising costs (what they would pay the site) to those stats.

They have even requested that we update the advertiser with monthly stats if there is a major swing in the traffic in either direction. Of course with the code we implement for them with an accepted offer they get those stats quicker than we do if they want them.

With affliate marketing this would not have any impact as that marketing pertain more to actual sales and the payments made for sales. All they have asked for there is average monthly impressions and how the topic of the site pertains to their item.

Again by no way am I an expert on this, this is just what I have seen.
Well thank you for your input. I just didn't know if the age mattered if if the ad networks were more interested in what it on the blog and perhaps how many people come to see it.

I didn't know if they had some kind a waiting period or something else that had to do with how new a blog was. What you said sure made sense though so thank you for taking the time to voice your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

ProfMike

No problem at all. Those are the types of requests that I have seen it maybe different for other types of sites. I hope everything goes well for your blog and if you need any guidance that I can help with I will be glad too.

Ellen F

No problem at all. Those are the types of requests that I have seen it maybe different for other types of sites. I hope everything goes well for your blog and if you need any guidance that I can help with I will be glad too.
Well thank you so much for being so nice and helpful. I know that some of my questions might not be what is normally asked but some of this stuff is just new to me so it'll take a little while for me to take it all in.

I really appreciate your help and being friendly with your replies. Some of these kind of websites are not friendly to people who are new to something.

Dean

Getting a new blog approved really doesn't have as much to do with it's age but more along the lines of the quality of the content, that the content is original and not something that was taken from somewhere else and placed on your blog. how well the blog functions and few other minor things.

Some of the networks don't care about traffic numbers, some do. Since most of these you would only get paid if someone buys something through an advertisement, then they don't really worry about traffic numbers.

Some are easy to get approved with others are not, it is all going to depend on exactly what the niche of your blog to decide which network will probably be best. ShareAsale is an easy to get approved network, so that could be one to start with. Once you have some content on your blog you can post back here and let some of us take a look at it and help with some suggestions as to which network might be best.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Ellen F

Getting a new blog approved really doesn't have as much to do with it's age but more along the lines of the quality of the content, that the content is original and not something that was taken from somewhere else and placed on your blog. how well the blog functions and few other minor things.

Some of the networks don't care about traffic numbers, some do. Since most of these you would only get paid if someone buys something through an advertisement, then they don't really worry about traffic numbers.

Some are easy to get approved with others are not, it is all going to depend on exactly what the niche of your blog to decide which network will probably be best. ShareAsale is an easy to get approved network, so that could be one to start with. Once you have some content on your blog you can post back here and let some of us take a look at it and help with some suggestions as to which network might be best.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Thank you for your input Dean.

Is there a way to know which networks are easier to get approved? Someone told me that Link Share is hard to get approved and I saw some of their advertisers and I think they would have lots of good advertisers for what my blog will be about. I saw that Chitika is supposed to be easy to get approved for but I don't know what kind of products and advertisers they have.

I am probably getting ahead of myself but I just want to be prepared for when the time arrives to place advertisements, I am ready.

Dean

Thank you for your input Dean.

Is there a way to know which networks are easier to get approved? Someone told me that Link Share is hard to get approved and I saw some of their advertisers and I think they would have lots of good advertisers for what my blog will be about. I saw that Chitika is supposed to be easy to get approved for but I don't know what kind of products and advertisers they have.

I am probably getting ahead of myself but I just want to be prepared for when the time arrives to place advertisements, I am ready.
You are welcome Ellen, I am happy to help any way that I can.

There is no 100% accurate way to know exactly what the networks look for in order to approve a site. I have heard from other people before that LinkShare is one of that harder ones to get approved, but I had no problems so it might have just been the quality of their site.

Chitika was also easy for me to get approved. I don't know if they are known to be an easy one or not.

It's ok to plan ahead, you don't want to be scrambling at the last minute and overlook or forget something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

Ellen F

You are welcome Ellen, I am happy to help any way that I can.

There is no 100% accurate way to know exactly what the networks look for in order to approve a site. I have heard from other people before that LinkShare is one of that harder ones to get approved, but I had no problems so it might have just been the quality of their site.

Chitika was also easy for me to get approved. I don't know if they are known to be an easy one or not.

It's ok to plan ahead, you don't want to be scrambling at the last minute and overlook or forget something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean
Thanks again.

I haven't heard of Chitika before, are they a good one to use? What kind of advertising is it?

Dean

Thanks again.

I haven't heard of Chitika before, are they a good one to use? What kind of advertising is it?
You're very welcome Ellen. Chitika is a contextual ad network kind of like Google Adsense. They display ads based in part by what someone has been viewing and is seen in their browser cache/cookies. They are easier to get approved for than Adsense, so many people start out with Chitika then later use Adsense.

I have used them but never had any great success with them personally. I do know people who have done well with them, so I think it can make a difference on what the topic of your site is. They do have a lower payout than many other advertising platforms so people do like that since they can get paid more quickly and more often.

They would be a great ad platform to try out when you get your site up and going, to try to get the feel for this type of advertising. They do seem to have great customer support and were always helpful when I needed some help or information in the past.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

Dean

Thanks again.

Hi Ellen, I wanted to add a bit more information on Chitika. I was talking to a buddy of mine earlier and he said that Chitika has made some recent changes to their platform and he has seen his earning increase lately. He said it was a noticeable improvement so this has me wanting to do some more testing to see what kind of results I can get and if there is a noticeable improvement over what I was used to in the past.

It looks like they are wanting to improve their system to help draw more publishers (website owners). It's definitely nice to see them make some improvements as I am sure better results will have more people using their platform.

Just wanted to share this new found information with you.

Cheers, Dean.

Ellen F

You're very welcome Ellen. Chitika is a contextual ad network kind of like Google Adsense. They display ads based in part by what someone has been viewing and is seen in their browser cache/cookies. They are easier to get approved for than Adsense, so many people start out with Chitika then later use Adsense.

I have used them but never had any great success with them personally. I do know people who have done well with them, so I think it can make a difference on what the topic of your site is. They do have a lower payout than many other advertising platforms so people do like that since they can get paid more quickly and more often.

They would be a great ad platform to try out when you get your site up and going, to try to get the feel for this type of advertising. They do seem to have great customer support and were always helpful when I needed some help or information in the past.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean
Thanks again for your help, I think i'll add this one to my list of ad networks to check out.

Dean

Thanks again for your help, I think i'll add this one to my list of ad networks to check out.
You are welcome Ellen. I have actually been thinking about using them on a couple new sites I have. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Dean

Ellen F

You are welcome Ellen. I have actually been thinking about using them on a couple new sites I have. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers, Dean
Good, I would appreciate that. I still have to get my blog built and i'm just always short of time. I'm getting ready to get my new laptop ordered so when it gets here i'll probably get the blog started. Thank you

vishwa

If you go with affiliate networks except PPC networks then they are not looking to your blog and its traffic. All they look is how you promote their advertisers. They usually asking for your marketing strategy. However in PPC networks they do check your blog or sites content and traffic as well.

ulterios

Anyone that is looking to get a blog or website approved by the major ad networks should worry only about the quality of their site and the quality of the content on that site.

The only time that you need to worry about things like traffic are usually with the PPC (Pay/Paid Per Click) networks as some of them want good traffic.

Usually a quality blog or website will get approval at the ad networks unless you are having some kind of content that the networks do not like such as adult, gambling, drug or pharmaceuticals and so on.

JennyJ

My new blog was accepted everywhere that I have tried so far. I don't think that the age of the blog matters as much as what's on the blog itself.

Maria Marketing

Mine was not that old when I started to apply and I didn't get turned down ever. I think as long as it is a good quality blog then it will be approved.

Ellen F

Thanks for all the replies everybody. My first blog is now gone and I will be starting another one so I will keep this information in mind.

david smith

All the best Ellen for your new blog. I would just like to remind that when submitting a new blog for getting approved one must check if the blog is getting consistent traffic and the ad network may also for ask for the traffic history. One the blog in contention is getting a significant amount traffic it can be submitted for approval with the ad network.