Is it good to stay with the same host for a long time?

Ben

How I have always looked at this is that I would stay with a host as long as I needed hosting as long as their prices, performance and support were good. If not then I would fin a new web host.
I'm like that most of the time myself but if I find a real good deal on better hosting at a better price and they have a good reputation then I might give them a shot.

KeralMTG

How I have always looked at this is that I would stay with a host as long as I needed hosting as long as their prices, performance and support were good. If not then I would fin a new web host.
I think that too but I saw some things that said that moving from one host to a different one too often can hurt your site because the search engine sites such as Google do not like that. It sounded funny but I just did not know so I asked.

I just tried to serch for the information but I can't find it. If I can find it I will share it here.

JohnQ

I think that too but I saw some things that said that moving from one host to a different one too often can hurt your site because the search engine sites such as Google do not like that. It sounded funny but I just did not know so I asked.

I just tried to serch for the information but I can't find it. If I can find it I will share it here.
I think I saw something about that a few years ago but I think it had to do with changing IP addresses frequently. I don't think they are too worried about it now since most people use shared hosting and the IP addresses on those can change from time to time.

Storm

I will check some other things. Right now I do not see anything that could cause this so I must look for the problem.
If you have changed themes then that can sometime cause your blog to slow down. Also adding more plugins, having too many plugins or having some plugins that use your hosting resources too much can cause it.

Soulwatcher

There is no penalty for changing web hosts. You will be penalized if you experience a lot of downtime. However why not stay with your current provider. If your current provider is doing a good job and has not any down time.

KeralMTG

There is no penalty for changing web hosts. You will be penalized if you experience a lot of downtime. However why not stay with your current provider. If your current provider is doing a good job and has not any down time.
I was thinking about changing away from my current hosting provider because I was better hosting and some that is faster. The one I have now does have some down time but not too much. I was just looking for something better maybe.