How often should I Tweet?

Traveler

I am starting to use Twitter more for my marketing needs and want to know some thoughs about how often I should Tweet to be the most effective.

What do you guys think?

John11

Before start tweeting, you need to find the exact time when targeted audience is most active because you would not want to tweet when your targeted audience is sleeping. Start tweeting at an “optimal” number and try increasing it, and see if you have any drop in engagement on days or weekends. You’ll dial in the perfect frequency over time.

Dean

This often times is determined by who your audience is and what kind of Tweets you are making. What works for one group of people or users doesn't always work for another.

A good starting point would be a couple times a day unless you have more content and/or things that you are wanting to Tweet about.

One thing that you don't want to to is to come off like you are just Tweeting just for the purpose of Tweeting. That can hurt your following.

Maria Marketing

I see that some people do maybe hundreds of tweets each day and that's just way too many to me. I think if you do it a couple times each day then you will not look like a spammer. I'm not any kind of social media professional though so that's just the opinion of an amateur social media marketer.

Catherine1

I think that you need to try to at least do it every day and a couple times each day if possible. I don't think that you need to do it a lot of times each day but you should try for at least once a day.

JennyJ

I think that you should do it as often as you can but just make sure that you are not doing it just to do it. If your Tweets look like you are just trying to post something then that might not be seen well with some people. I'm not a Twitter expert so this is just my views as a casual user.

KeralMTG

You should try to post every day if you can. I have been trying to do that and I have been getting more traffic to my blog because this is helping, They have twitter analytics too for free so you can see if people are clicking on your tweets to help you know what works best for them.

Storm

I would do it as often as you can provided that you have something that is worth Tweeting about. :Thumb:

Don't just do it for the sake of Tweeting but if you have a blog post, some information or something that you think will be of interest to your followers and other Twitter users in general then do it.

ulterios

How often you should tweet depends on many factors, too many to list but a good starting point is between 3-5 times a day and you can increase it as your responses dictate.

Just make sure that you are not Tweeting just to post something up. People will start to write you off and put youon their ignore list. ;)

Tweet good informative Tweets and don't repeat the same thing that everyone else is and don't just ReTweet a bunch of stuff like all the spammers do. That will hurt your following and credibility.

Traveler

Before start tweeting, you need to find the exact time when targeted audience is most active because you would not want to tweet when your targeted audience is sleeping. Start tweeting at an “optimal” number and try increasing it, and see if you have any drop in engagement on days or weekends. You’ll dial in the perfect frequency over time.
How do I find that time?

This often times is determined by who your audience is and what kind of Tweets you are making. What works for one group of people or users doesn't always work for another.

A good starting point would be a couple times a day unless you have more content and/or things that you are wanting to Tweet about.

One thing that you don't want to to is to come off like you are just Tweeting just for the purpose of Tweeting. That can hurt your following.
I'll try that. Thanks

Please take a look on this image.. I think it's going to help you. :)
Does that pertain to all target groups and countries?

Totally depends on the niche you are going after. If I were you, then I would follow what is working for your competitors, then I would base my tweets around that. I would say 5-6 times a day is what works best for me and many other companies that I have noticed.
Is that a maximum amount or just what you think is generally best?

How often you should tweet depends on many factors, too many to list but a good starting point is between 3-5 times a day and you can increase it as your responses dictate.

Just make sure that you are not Tweeting just to post something up. People will start to write you off and put youon their ignore list. ;)

Tweet good informative Tweets and don't repeat the same thing that everyone else is and don't just ReTweet a bunch of stuff like all the spammers do. That will hurt your following and credibility.
I would never post something just for the sake of posting. I know that can be looked at as spam.

You should tweet 1 or 2 status every day on twitter . Because if you marketing for Your site , it will increase traffic more to your site.
Is that enough times? I have been seeing many account doing a lot more. I kind of want to be average.

Dean

I'll try that. Thanks
You are welcome Traveler.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just to try different Tweeting rates and see what works and gets you the best engagement. What works for one niche and follower group might not work exactly the same as it works with another.

One thing that you do want to do is to stay active on Twitter. I see many people that Tweet out some Tweets for a few days then disappear for weeks or months at a time and then they wonder why their social media marketing is not going well. Stay active and send out some good Tweets regularly and you will get better results.

Traveler

You are welcome Traveler.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just to try different Tweeting rates and see what works and gets you the best engagement. What works for one niche and follower group might not work exactly the same as it works with another.

One thing that you do want to do is to stay active on Twitter. I see many people that Tweet out some Tweets for a few days then disappear for weeks or months at a time and then they wonder why their social media marketing is not going well. Stay active and send out some good Tweets regularly and you will get better results.
I have been a little guilty of not staying active as much as I should and some time I miss many days in a row. I have been trying to do better for a little while. I might get more time to do it soon.

ulterios

I would never post something just for the sake of posting. I know that can be looked at as spam.
That's good and it will help you attract quality followers. There are too many people/businesses/etc. that are just posting just to post something and it shows.

Many people will not follow an account that it is obvious that it's posting just for the sake of posting something without posting anything of real value, I am one of those. ;)

Traveler

That's good and it will help you attract quality followers. There are too many people/businesses/etc. that are just posting just to post something and it shows.

Many people will not follow an account that it is obvious that it's posting just for the sake of posting something without posting anything of real value, I am one of those. ;)
I usually avoid most of those too unless I see some tweets that I find interesting. I still don't find it easy to always know which are trash accounts.

ulterios

I usually avoid most of those too unless I see some tweets that I find interesting. I still don't find it easy to always know which are trash accounts.
Once you have seen a lot of them as well as some good quality account then the junk accounts will start to stand out more and more.

They don't usually do a real good job of looking like a quality account to follow. ;)

Traveler

Once you have seen a lot of them as well as some good quality account then the junk accounts will start to stand out more and more.

They don't usually do a real good job of looking like a quality account to follow. ;)
I have seen many that had only 1 or 2 Tweets and have thousands of followers still. That makes it obvious that something is not right there. :Think: