How many emails for a mailing list

vinaya

In my opinion a good email list does not make a good money. If you have a video gamer on your list however, your products and services offer books, will the subscriver check your products? The answer is NO. Therefore, most important thing for email marketing is to have subscribers who are genuinely interested onyour products and services. There is no point on having 1000 subscribers of which only 5 percent checks your email. It is better if you have 200 on your list and 50 percent checks your products and services.

Michael

@JohnQ , I was kind of setting a goal of 500 and then go from that point. Right now I would be happy with a couple hundred good emails.

@vinaya , How do you know if the people on your email list would be interested in what you are offering?

JohnQ

@JohnQ , I was kind of setting a goal of 500 and then go from that point. Right now I would be happy with a couple hundred good emails.

@vinaya , How do you know if the people on your email list would be interested in what you are offering?
A couple hundred good emails is a nice start. The more the better as long as they are good quality emails that are real.

Melker

I don't know what is considered a good number of emails a list has to have to be considered a good size list but I remember several years ago people were shooting for 10,000 as a goal.

I would be more worried about having good emails than just a bunch of random emails that will never produce anything.

Michael

I don't know what is considered a good number of emails a list has to have to be considered a good size list but I remember several years ago people were shooting for 10,000 as a goal.

I would be more worried about having good emails than just a bunch of random emails that will never produce anything.
That seems like a high number to shoot from from a newbies point of view. I did see something on some marketing blog that said something about 100,ooo emails though so that 10,000 would be much more reasonable when seeing that number.

Melker

That seems like a high number to shoot from from a newbies point of view. I did see something on some marketing blog that said something about 100,ooo emails though so that 10,000 would be much more reasonable when seeing that number.
Yeah it might be a high number but once you get there then you will have achieved something big. :GWARM:

Will247

I was never big into email marketing back in the day but I am hoping to dive deeper into it now that I am back into IM.

I had a couple of buddies that had several mailing lists that were 10k+ email addresses and one guy had 50k+ emails on a single list.

I'm going to set small goals for building my list and just work my way up from there. I think I would be happy with reaching 1k good emails.

Michael

I was never big into email marketing back in the day but I am hoping to dive deeper into it now that I am back into IM.

I had a couple of buddies that had several mailing lists that were 10k+ email addresses and one guy had 50k+ emails on a single list.

I'm going to set small goals for building my list and just work my way up from there. I think I would be happy with reaching 1k good emails.
It seems like if someone had 50 thousand email addresses then they might not all be real or at least they might just be random emails.

I would be happy with that too or at least as a first goal to reach.

Will247

It seems like if someone had 50 thousand email addresses then they might not all be real or at least they might just be random emails.

I would be happy with that too or at least as a first goal to reach.
They are supposed to be all real and gathered from several different landing pages. It took a while to get that amount but I really can't remember what the time frame was.

Michael

They are supposed to be all real and gathered from several different landing pages. It took a while to get that amount but I really can't remember what the time frame was.
A nice amount to have then. Did he say how much he made from the list?

Will247

A nice amount to have then. Did he say how much he made from the list?
He didn't give me a dollar amount but he did say that he made about half of his yearly income from that alone. I know he has expensive taste in things so I am sure it was rather high.

Michael

He didn't give me a dollar amount but he did say that he made about half of his yearly income from that alone. I know he has expensive taste in things so I am sure it was rather high.
Then it must be a good amount. That would be nice and I hope to get something like that going some day.

SueAssists

Michael said:
I keep reading that a good email list can make you the most money from internet marketing but I have not been able to find any information on how many emails you would need for your internet marketing. Is there some kind of number that is considered good?
As long as you have quality email content, you'll find it's not the total number (quantity) of emails or subscribers it's the clicks on your email links that lead to purchases is the number you seek.

I agree with what others have said previously, in having 100 or 1,000 or 100,000 subscribers and you notice that only 50 open with each sending then only 25 click the links can you see the focus is not your subscribers total? (quantity)

You've even said "a good email list"

'Good' here I take it means a responsive list that open, click through then purchase.