How important is website loading speed?

Nomnom

Let me start this off by asking you a question - would you wait for a website to load for 10 to 15 second? Or would you just move on to the next? With lots of websites available on the internet nowadays, competition is at an all time high. If you don't give your visitors what they need and want immediately, they can easily move on to the next website and they would never look back. That's how intense the competition is for websites and blogs.

In order to not lose visitors, you need to improve the load time of your website. Make it fast so that your visitors would automatically be engaged. Try to optimise the pictures that are uploaded in your site, get a lightweight theme, don't fill your website with too many animations, and don't bog your site down with loads and loads of ads.

Page speed or loading speed is very much important for any website. Because this directly connented with the website viewers and bounce rate. So it's really important to set a good website loading speed.

JohnQ

Years ago the load times of your web pages was not a factor that Google used or at least they didn't make it a big deal.

Now because everything online is speeding up and everyone wants as close to instant loads as possible they are making it a factor in your rankings so you need to be concerned about it.

I don't think it will make a big difference in ranking unless your site is really slow though. That's what I have read at least.

JennyJ

Let me start this off by asking you a question - would you wait for a website to load for 10 to 15 second? Or would you just move on to the next? With lots of websites available on the internet nowadays, competition is at an all time high. If you don't give your visitors what they need and want immediately, they can easily move on to the next website and they would never look back. That's how intense the competition is for websites and blogs.

In order to not lose visitors, you need to improve the load time of your website. Make it fast so that your visitors would automatically be engaged. Try to optimise the pictures that are uploaded in your site, get a lightweight theme, don't fill your website with too many animations, and don't bog your site down with loads and loads of ads.
I would move to the next of course. That is way too long to have to wait for a website to load. I was thinking more along the lines of a few seconds difference and not really a longer time like that though.

Do the smaller time amounts mean a lot also?

Page speed or loading speed is very much important for any website. Because this directly connented with the website viewers and bounce rate. So it's really important to set a good website loading speed.
Ok, then does the bounce rate affect the rankings of a website? I don't know much about these things so I don't know how important the bounce rate is.

Years ago the load times of your web pages was not a factor that Google used or at least they didn't make it a big deal.

Now because everything online is speeding up and everyone wants as close to instant loads as possible they are making it a factor in your rankings so you need to be concerned about it.

I don't think it will make a big difference in ranking unless your site is really slow though. That's what I have read at least.
I was mostly thinking about things like a difference of a couple of seconds. Does that affect rankings much?

JohnQ

I was mostly thinking about things like a difference of a couple of seconds. Does that affect rankings much?
If I was going by what I have read then that little amount should not affect them that much. I would still try to always improve the speed because it keeps the people who go to your site happy.

vicsylicious

No doubt, the page loading time is significantly essential for any website or blog. And as because of the slow rendering websites loose almost everything. For any internet site, the loading time is a major factor in developing now. I am usually busy on one side trying my best to optimize the overall loading speed of my blog. The clean & near coding of HTML can help you to cut off a couple of seconds on your blog. One point I want to tell you that after I moved to Genesis or Magazine Framework, my blog loading speed has decreased by over 2.2s. Possibly that’s because it has a plain and lightweight structure, and it even corrected me to remove unwanted and heavy plugins. About the images, not so many users are well aware of Photoshop, so for the alternative to optimize graphics there are lots of websites to help you to compress image size that matter greatly on the entire size of your HTML page rendering on the user side.

JohnQ

No doubt, the page loading time is significantly essential for any website or blog. And as because of the slow rendering websites loose almost everything. For any internet site, the loading time is a major factor in developing now. I am usually busy on one side trying my best to optimize the overall loading speed of my blog. The clean & near coding of HTML can help you to cut off a couple of seconds on your blog. One point I want to tell you that after I moved to Genesis or Magazine Framework, my blog loading speed has decreased by over 2.2s. Possibly that’s because it has a plain and lightweight structure, and it even corrected me to remove unwanted and heavy plugins. About the images, not so many users are well aware of Photoshop, so for the alternative to optimize graphics there are lots of websites to help you to compress image size that matter greatly on the entire size of your HTML page rendering on the user side.
I heard that Genesis was a fast them but just switching to that improved your blog loading speed by over 2 seconds?

JennyJ

How can we tell which plugins are heavy?