How important is website loading speed?

JennyJ

I was reading a couple of articles on website performance the last couple of days and some of them were saying that the load speed or times for your website are important for it's rankings and bounce rates (I just found out what that meant) but there is conflicting information on this.

Is the load speed of your website that important?

ulterios

Sure the loading speed/times for the pages on your website are important and that is for several reasons. These days people want and expect any website that they visit to load extremely fast, usually under 2-3 seconds. Keeping your site loading fast will make the visitors to your site happy and can help improve the bounce rate of your site.

Load speed is also a ranking factor for Google and some of the other search engine websites, so a fast site can improve the rankings for your site. However, unless it's a drastic increase or decrease in the load tome of your web pages it usually will not make any real noticeable improvement in the rankings of your site. ;)

JennyJ

Load speed is also a ranking factor for Google and some of the other search engine websites, so a fast site can improve the rankings for your site. However, unless it's a drastic increase or decrease in the load tome of your web pages it usually will not make any real noticeable improvement in the rankings of your site. ;)
Then it's not something that I should get real worried about unless my site is real slow?

John11

Loading speed of a website plays an important role in driving traffic to a website. Google now demote websites with slow loading speed in searching engines result and it promotes a website with fast loading speed. Slow loading websites also cause indexing issues when google bot tries to index a website and user also do not like using websites with slow loading speed. Slow loading websites also divert traffic to alternative website.

Catherine1

I don't know how much the loading speed of a website affects things like rankings and bounce rates but I do know that if I am visiting a website and it takes too long to load the pages that I am trying to look at then I will often times just find another site that has what I am looking for on it.

Dean

Speed is definitely something that becoming more and more important over the recent years. Google has it as one of it's many ranking factors so the speed of your website can determine where it shows up in the search results pages.

It's not the most important factor and it's just one of many but it is important for it's rankings.

KeralMTG

Having a fast loading website is important to make the people that come to your website happy. Nobody likes slow loading websites so you must make sure it loads fast and people will like your website more.

vishwa

Google and even users like the site that loads faster on web browsers. A recent surveys say that 65% of the users bypass the sites that loads more than 3 seconds. So, it is definitely a concern among webmasters to maintain a good website loading speed.

Storm

I know that if a page is taking way too long to load then I usually just leave that site unless it has something that I really want to see so I can understand the bounce rate thing. I hard that speed of your site affects it's rankings more these days since Google wants fast sites for the best user experience (their words not mine).

Kania

If you have a real slow website then the people who use your website will probably go to your competitors websites so it must load quickly. I read that google uses the website loading speed for it's search ranking too so that is one more reason it is important.

Traveler

website loading speed is always important and that is even more true for mobile device users. Most people on their phones and other mobile devices are usually away from their regular computers so they need things to load quicker to cut down on data cost and help with time savings.

JennyJ

Loading speed of a website plays an important role in driving traffic to a website. Google now demote websites with slow loading speed in searching engines result and it promotes a website with fast loading speed. Slow loading websites also cause indexing issues when google bot tries to index a website and user also do not like using websites with slow loading speed. Slow loading websites also divert traffic to alternative website.
If my blog is too slow it will go down in ranking just because of that?

JennyJ

Google and even users like the site that loads faster on web browsers. A recent surveys say that 65% of the users bypass the sites that loads more than 3 seconds. So, it is definitely a concern among webmasters to maintain a good website loading speed.
I didn't know that. I'll have to check and see how long mine takes to load.

boxiii

Yes speed matters so much. I think half of web users expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less, and if it don't then they abandon a site that isn’t loaded within 3 seconds. according to a statics 80% of web shoppers who have trouble with web site performance say they won’t return to the site to buy again and around 44% of them would tell a friend if they had a poor experience shopping online. So, as you can see that the loading time is very important.

Kania

I just read recently that if your website should load less than 2 seconds time now. People are getting more eager for fast loading websites so if yours takes longer than that you should try to make it go faster.

Mine takes 4 seconds but I think that is mostly because of the low quality web hosting. I will be changing that soon I think.

vishwa

I just read recently that if your website should load less than 2 seconds time now. People are getting more eager for fast loading websites so if yours takes longer than that you should try to make it go faster.

Mine takes 4 seconds but I think that is mostly because of the low quality web hosting. I will be changing that soon I think.

Great Decision mate. You should have to change your hosting provider, if its perform very low. You can also use cloudflare to make your site load faster.

Kania

Great Decision mate. You should have to change your hosting provider, if its perform very low. You can also use cloudflare to make your site load faster.
Yes it seems to be very slow. I have been reading that many people will leave if the website is longer than 2 or 3 seconds. When I checked mine with pingdon it had a best time of 4.2 seconds and worst time of 5.1 seconds. Most of the time it is less than 4.5 but still very slow compared to other blogs.

JennyJ

Yes speed matters so much. I think half of web users expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less, and if it don't then they abandon a site that isn’t loaded within 3 seconds. according to a statics 80% of web shoppers who have trouble with web site performance say they won’t return to the site to buy again and around 44% of them would tell a friend if they had a poor experience shopping online. So, as you can see that the loading time is very important.
Mine is loading right around a little less than 3 seconds. Is that safe or should I try to get it under 2 seconds?

Ben

Yeah it's an important thing for your site. Think about it from your viewpoint. would you stay on a site that took long for the pages to load? Most people won't stay on a slow site long.

It also has a little impact on the SEO of your site that Google has verified.