How good is Rakuten for affiliate marketers?

Maria Marketing

I have been looking at different affiliate options for making some affiliate income and it seems like in my area Rakuten is one of the top sources that affiliate marketers use.

Whilst I am familiar with the name and have seen it around, I have not personally had any dealings with them. I am wondering if they are a good choice for affiliate marketers to use for generating a little extra income.

If anyone has any good information that can be given, I would greatly appreciate it. If you think they are a good or bad choice, I will be happy for all input as long as it is honest.

:)

Dean

I haven't used Rakuten too much myself. One of the things that I didn't like about them versus the other affiliate networks is that you have to get each site of yours approved by each advertiser individually.

Meaning, if you have one site that gets approved by an advertiser, you have to get any other site you have that you want to use that advertisers ads on approved again, individually, by the same advertiser. Most of the other affiliate networks let you put ads on all your sites (as long as they follow the rules and are in their system) for any approved advertiser that has approved you without the need to have each site individually approved. This is something that put me off with using them too much.

Plus, most of the advertisers that are on Rakuten are not ones that I was looking for. Commission Junction (CJ Affiliate) and ShareAsale both happen to have more advertisers that I use, so they are a better option for me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

vishwa

Yes, I also do not have any experience with Rakuten affiliate network. I am currently with Shareasale and Clickbank Both have a large number of advertisers and they pay me on time. The most important thing is that i like their reporting system, It is very precise and in detailed.

ulterios

Rakuten is ok, they just don't have enough of the advertisers that I usually like to promote, based on the niche's of my sites. I also don't like the fact that each individual site has to be approved by the advertiser, even if you have another site already approved by them (as mentioned by dean).

A lot of people do real well with them and they are one of the top affiliate companies, so if they have advertisers that you are looking to market then i'd say give them a shot. Let us know back here how they work out for you if you can.

Good Luck. ;)

Storm

I used Rakuten in the past and one thing that I noticed is that they have a very high amount of European companies. This will be ok for some people but most of my traffic was US traffic so many of the products didn't do well. This might have changed recently but I don't know since I am currently not using them. If you are getting or expecting most of your traffic to come from Europe then they might be a good choice.

Traveler

I know that linkshare used to be good before they were bought out by rakuten many years ago. I assume that they are still good since they are one of the affiliate systems that lots of affiliates use.

KeralMTG

I do not know if Rakuten is good for affiliate marketers but Rakuten is a big seller in here in Europe and many people know of them so they should be good for affiliates also.

Catherine1

I was just going to post a thread asking this same thing.

Since I am looking for some European advertisers then I think I will look at them closer since that is one of my target areas.

ulterios

I was just going to post a thread asking this same thing.

Since I am looking for some European advertisers then I think I will look at them closer since that is one of my target areas.
Rakuten is real good if you are looking for European advertisers of affiliate products or services. My main issue that I would like to see changed is the fact the you have to have every site that you want to place an advertisers ads on approved by that advertiser.

It's not a big deal if you only have a couple of sites that you are putting ads on but if you have several like I do it can be a big PITA. ;)

Catherine1

Rakuten is real good if you are looking for European advertisers of affiliate products or services. My main issue that I would like to see changed is the fact the you have to have every site that you want to place an advertisers ads on approved by that advertiser.

It's not a big deal if you only have a couple of sites that you are putting ads on but if you have several like I do it can be a big PITA. ;)
I only have one right now to use it for so that will not be a problem for me. I can see where it would be a problem for people with many sites.