How do I choose a niche?

PedroCarvalhoMAT

I think that choosing a niche that you aren't familiar with, or one that you don't hold any interest could be a disaster. As some mates stated above, I personaly would go with something that I'm passionate about. In my case, music. So I used my knowledge with mixing and mastering songs to build a simple business. So far so great.

Maria Marketing

I think that choosing a niche that you aren't familiar with, or one that you don't hold any interest could be a disaster. As some mates stated above, I personaly would go with something that I'm passionate about. In my case, music. So I used my knowledge with mixing and mastering songs to build a simple business. So far so great.
What if something I am familiar with and I am passionate about isn't something that is good for monetizing?

Dean

You have gotten some good advice by the other members and I will throw my opinion into the mix as well.

I think that you have to pick something that you either like, are interested in getting involved in and sticking with or pick something that you have some good knowledge about. This can make staying with that niche much easier.

However, you will also want to make sure that any niche that you choose to go into has the potential to monetize in one way or another. Since you stated that making money from the niche is part of why you want to get into another one then this is an important aspect.

Just do a little research and maybe ask any questions you have before making your final decision on which niche you choose to go with.

Maria Marketing

You have gotten some good advice by the other members and I will throw my opinion into the mix as well.

I think that you have to pick something that you either like, are interested in getting involved in and sticking with or pick something that you have some good knowledge about. This can make staying with that niche much easier.

However, you will also want to make sure that any niche that you choose to go into has the potential to monetize in one way or another. Since you stated that making money from the niche is part of why you want to get into another one then this is an important aspect.

Just do a little research and maybe ask any questions you have before making your final decision on which niche you choose to go with.
I thought that myself but the more I think about things the more confused I am getting. Maybe I should just write down several of them I am thinking about and put them in a hat and have someone pick one out for me. :p

Dean

I thought that myself but the more I think about things the more confused I am getting. Maybe I should just write down several of them I am thinking about and put them in a hat and have someone pick one out for me. :p
Well if you are not sure about what you want then I guess that would be one way to figure it out. Leave it to chance and maybe that will be best.

Maria Marketing

Well if you are not sure about what you want then I guess that would be one way to figure it out. Leave it to chance and maybe that will be best.
Yes I am not sure and I am even getting more confused about which I should pick. Maybe I will just pick one I am thinking about at random.

ulterios

One thing that you might consider doing is to look into the available monetization options that are available to you in each niche that you are considering getting into.

Some niches have better choices and availabilities as far as affiliate advertising and other methods of monetizing a niche than others do.

Since you said that you wanted to earn from it then you may want to see what options are available in any niche you are thinking about before you decide.

Milana

I believe that people should choose something that will hold their interest and something that they have some kind of interest or like of.

If you are going into something that you would lose interest quickly then your success might not come as easily or it might not come at all.

behappie

To create a profitable business, you first need to find problems your target customers are experiencing, then determine whether you can actually solve them. Here are several things you can do to identify problems in specific niches:
Have one-on-one conversations or idea-extraction sessions with your target market. Make sure to find or create a framework for asking questions that helps you uncover pain points.
Peruse forums . Search Quora, or find forums related to your niche, then take a look at the discussions that are taking place. What questions are people asking? What problems do they have?
Research keywords . Explore different keyword combinations on
Google Trends and Google AdWords’ keyword planner. This can help you uncover popular search terms related to pain points.

Maria Marketing

I believe that people should choose something that will hold their interest and something that they have some kind of interest or like of.

If you are going into something that you would lose interest quickly then your success might not come as easily or it might not come at all.
I agree with you on that Milana but I know that sometimes people just do not know which to choose and that is especially true if they like or are interested in many different things.

To create a profitable business, you first need to find problems your target customers are experiencing, then determine whether you can actually solve them. Here are several things you can do to identify problems in specific niches:
Have one-on-one conversations or idea-extraction sessions with your target market. Make sure to find or create a framework for asking questions that helps you uncover pain points.
Peruse forums . Search Quora, or find forums related to your niche, then take a look at the discussions that are taking place. What questions are people asking? What problems do they have?
Research keywords . Explore different keyword combinations on
Google Trends and Google AdWords’ keyword planner. This can help you uncover popular search terms related to pain points.
I didn't think about searching Quora for things like that. I have often seen things that are quite old and sometimes years old. Does the time of the problem matter?

Milana

I agree with you on that Milana but I know that sometimes people just do not know which to choose and that is especially true if they like or are interested in many different things.
Then in those cases it may perhaps be a wise choice to pick from those a niche that they have the best chances for success.

Ellen F

I've been trying to decide on a new niche to go into and I keep seeing recommendations about choosing a niche that you like but anything I like just really isn't one that I think would be very profitable. I think you also need to keep that in mind if you want to make anything from your efforts.

Maria Marketing

I've been trying to decide on a new niche to go into and I keep seeing recommendations about choosing a niche that you like but anything I like just really isn't one that I think would be very profitable. I think you also need to keep that in mind if you want to make anything from your efforts.
I found that out for myself when I went into my first niche but you also have to see how competitive the niche is also. If one is too competitive then you might not have much luck at all also.

Ellen F

I found that out for myself when I went into my first niche but you also have to see how competitive the niche is also. If one is too competitive then you might not have much luck at all also.
I have been looking at some possible niches but there seems to be many of the top known websites that have the top spots in the search results so I am thinking that it might be rather hard to get good ranks for anything.

Milana

Agreed. I look and try to see which ones are popular but sometime finding accurate information is not always easy.
That is a problem that I am having myself. I have tried to look in Google to see how many results but I know that this is not the best method.

Maria Marketing

I have been looking at some possible niches but there seems to be many of the top known websites that have the top spots in the search results so I am thinking that it might be rather hard to get good ranks for anything.
If they are the big well known sites then it might be hard to beat them in the rankings.

That is a problem that I am having myself. I have tried to look in Google to see how many results but I know that this is not the best method.
I really do not know what the best methods to check them are. Maybe you can post a message here and ask.

EfficientNinja

Choose something that you are good at for your second niche. It should be something that is very helpful to readers and increases their knowledge or provides more value to them. Keep the blog updated when you learn something new about the topic. Your readers will surely like it and they will keep coming back for more. :)

Milana

I really do not know what the best methods to check them are. Maybe you can post a message here and ask.
I will probably do that in the future. Right now I have been trying to learn more things to improve my ranks for my blog. I have been trying to learn more about search engine optimization and it is not the easiest thing to learn.