How can I tell if a marketing email is sent randomly?

Storm

I was wondering if there is a way to tell if emails someone receives were just sent to random emails or if they are from an op-in list?

I am getting a lot of junk marketing emails and I wanted to unsubscribe from the ones I didn't sign up for and keep the ones I did sign up for.

Is there a way to know this?

Dean

I have never heard of any way to tell if an email is sent from a list or not. That doesn't mean that there is no way to tell, just that I have never heard of one. It would be nice to know though I guess.

You might want to do a Google search and see if you can find out anything that way.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I don't know of any way to know if you received a randomly sent email or not. You might have to just take a bit of time and go through and unsubscribe from the ones that you don't want to receive. :(

Storm

I thought there wasn't a way but someone at work told me there was but didn't know what they used to check it when they used it. I guess he was talking about something else.

Traveler

I think that if you are using gmail or something like that and it goes straight to your junk email folder then it was probably just some bulk sent mail. I don't know how you could tell if it was random or not.

Maria Marketing

I don't know if there is a way to tell or not but it seems like a lot of work if it was just somebody typing in random email addresses to send their marketing emails to.

Dean

I don't know if there is a way to tell or not but it seems like a lot of work if it was just somebody typing in random email addresses to send their marketing emails to.
They wouldn't be typing in random email addresses for their marketing, promoting or spamming. They would use a list of some kind or perhaps some kind of bot.

Some people or businesses might send out a small amount of hand typed email addresses for particular reasons but sending out a mass amount of emails by hand typing in email addresses would just consume too much time.