Have you used Reddit for internet marketing?

Traveler

I keep seeing Reddit mentioned a lot around the marketing blogs but nobody says much about it in detail.

Has anyone used Reddit for their internet marketing and if you did then was it worth the time?

Dean

I haven't used Reddit myself but I have seen that a lot of people use it to help get traffic to their website so I am going to give it a shot when I have more time on my hands.

I don't know exactly what they allow as far as marketing so I would be sure to take a look at their rules before posting anything that is directly marketing.

Traveler

I haven't used Reddit myself but I have seen that a lot of people use it to help get traffic to their website so I am going to give it a shot when I have more time on my hands.

I don't know exactly what they allow as far as marketing so I would be sure to take a look at their rules before posting anything that is directly marketing.
I keep seeing Reddit mentioned a lot so I think it might be a good choice to try.

I used it, but it's not as good as PPC or Twitter / Facebook marketing.
Did you just post on Reddit or advertise on it?

Dean

I keep seeing Reddit mentioned a lot so I think it might be a good choice to try.
Yeah I have seen them in a lot of conversations and posts around the internet in marketing and webmaster related websites and forums.

I have been meaning to give Reddit a chance to see if it's a good resource but haven't gotten the time to do it. Maybe soon.

Storm

Reddit might be worth the time to get some traffic but I think that you might have to spend a decent amount of time on there to get that traffic. There is a lot of junk on there so you have to spend some time weeding through that to find good stuff.

I might be wrong but from what I have seen there when I was looking around several different times that was the case. Maybe I was just not looking in the right place.

Traveler

Reddit might be worth the time to get some traffic but I think that you might have to spend a decent amount of time on there to get that traffic. There is a lot of junk on there so you have to spend some time weeding through that to find good stuff.

I might be wrong but from what I have seen there when I was looking around several different times that was the case. Maybe I was just not looking in the right place.
That is about what I saw on there when I was looking around but there are many people that use it for the purpose so it must be good for something.

Maria Marketing

I have seen people talking about Reddit on some different websites but the times that I was looking around it seemed like a big messy website with many dumb things around it.

Whilst I understand that it has some good uses I just don't think it is as easy to get some good leads and traffic as from other places like Facebook.

ulterios

Reddit is something that I have looked into briefly in the past as a possible traffic source but I haven't gotten a chance to give it a try to see if it's worth the time and effort yet. Maybe in the near future I will get some time to give it a trial and see what happens.

Reddit does have an awful lot of users there that are potential for traffic/clients/customers/sales/etc...

JennyJ

I have never used Reddit myself because the times that I have took a look around Reddit it just looked like an unorganized mess with a lot of junk.

Maybe I just didn't give it a good chance but it seemed like a waste of time to me or at least for my needs.

Dean

I have never used Reddit myself because the times that I have took a look around Reddit it just looked like an unorganized mess with a lot of junk.
That has been something similar to what I have thought myself but so many people think it's a good resource for marketing that there must be some good value there if you can find it.

Maria Marketing

Reddit is a goldmine if utilized properly. It works on an upvote system, the more upvotes you get the more traffic. Most of the traffic is not buyer oriented, but chances of your article going viral is very high!
Great information. Thanks for sharing this.

Now I know that if I am looking for buyers I will look elsewhere. :D

KeralMTG

I have not used it because it looks like it will take too much time to make it worth it. I think that it is better to spend your time on Facebook or other social websites.

Kania

I signed up on Reddit but I have not used the account but only to look around. It seems very confusing how things are supposed to work on there. It is a very popular website and I think it is supposed to be good for traffic but I just don't get how it works.

Traveler

Reddit is a goldmine if utilized properly. It works on an upvote system, the more upvotes you get the more traffic. Most of the traffic is not buyer oriented, but chances of your article going viral is very high!
So if people upvote for your post it gets better rankings on Reddit or something like that?

I just really don't understand that site.

Kania

I have not used reddit for my internet marketing. What is this?
It is supposed to be like a social media type of site but I think it seems like it is like a forum more. Everything looks so confusing on there so I have not been using it. I just look around some times.

Traveler

I have not used reddit for my internet marketing. What is this?
It is some kind of different social media website but I have tried to figure it out but just get frustrated and leave most times. I think it just takes some getting used to how it is.