Good SEO Video Courses

ulterios

Hello fellow IM Stars, I have a question for you.

Lately I have had several people ask me for a recommendation for a good SEO video course for beginners. I really don't know of any specific that I could either recommend or at least have them check out since I have never really checked into these.

I have always done 99%+ of my SEO research and investigating by reading from several of the top sources for good SEO information. I have seen a few videos courses out there but since I have never looked into them I really don't know if they are any good or if they are junk.

If anyone knows of any good SEO video courses geared to help beginners, I would appreciate any information so that I will have something to tell people since this is not something I know much about.

Thanks in advance IM Stars! ;)

Argus

I have not seen any of these but if you find some then please let me know. I am trying to learn and have only been reading and taking some notes. Videos will probably be much better than reading I guess.

ulterios

I have not seen any of these but if you find some then please let me know. I am trying to learn and have only been reading and taking some notes. Videos will probably be much better than reading I guess.
I will surely let you know Argus. I haven't been able to do a lot of looking because I have been busy lately but I am going to keep looking as I can.

I have seemed to have more and more people ask me about these so there must be a big demand for them. I am sure there are some out there but just finding them is the tricky part.

I will let you know as soon as I know something. We might get one of our members to post here and tell us about some. ;)

Argus

I will surely let you know Argus. I haven't been able to do a lot of looking because I have been busy lately but I am going to keep looking as I can.

I have seemed to have more and more people ask me about these so there must be a big demand for them. I am sure there are some out there but just finding them is the tricky part.

I will let you know as soon as I know something. We might get one of our members to post here and tell us about some. ;)
I have been looking at some of these that I have found in google searching but when I go the the websites they seem like they are not too trustworthy. Many look like they are cheap scam artists. Is that just how some look or is there a lot of scam websites for these videos?

ulterios

I have been looking at some of these that I have found in google searching but when I go the the websites they seem like they are not too trustworthy. Many look like they are cheap scam artists. Is that just how some look or is there a lot of scam websites for these videos?
Well Argus, those are some or the more difficult things to figure out. Sure some are possibly scam or junk/worthless but I am sure there are some that are good. Sometimes we can't just judge things by how their website or landing page looks. I have seen many low quality looking things when seeing them but they turned out to be of good quality.

I think it would be good to try to see if more information can be found on a particular site or product before deciding. Though if there is an absence of any good information then it might be wise to avoid that item for now.

I plan on doing some investigation as time permits. I have some friends keeping an eye out for me as well so hopefully something will be found sooner or later.

ProfMike

I have had the same issue. I have actually watched a few Udemy, Lynda and YouTube SEO classes but the information was extremely outdated. The rules for SEO change so fast it is a moving target.

I have actually thought about writing some for my own training classes but I think I would run in to the same issue keeping them up to date would be very difficult and almost a full time job.

I think trying to find a class on SEO in a video format is going to be a challenge. The production time for a GOOD video training class is about 20 x 1. 2o hours of production for about a 1 hour video. That does not include the research and planning of the material. With the speed at which the subject changes I don't see how anyone could break even producing a decent class and keeping it updated.

Just my thoughts from someone that develops hundreds of hours of training a year.

ulterios

I have actually thought about writing some for my own training classes but I think I would run in to the same issue keeping them up to date would be very difficult and almost a full time job.
That would actually probably be a good idea Mike. There's too many old (several years) SEO video courses so it would be great to have someone who has experience and knowledge in more aspects than just SEO, but in website design, programming and so on produce a good quality video course on SEO.

Yeah things change but if you did a nice course that covered the basics then you could go into more details and include updates on future videos. Maybe an SEO update series.

There is a HUGE market for SEO so it could definitely turn out to be a profitable one. Since you are seen and known on several forums that would help the familiarity factor which can be a plus. You are also a member of some of the forums that have many people looking for SEO knowledge and info.

Maybe do an into to SEO course with the basics and see how it works out. Food for thought. ;)

ProfMike

Ulterios,

You know you may be right, maybe I should look at putting together a few hour course on SEO, or at least the high level aspects of SEO and how it impacts site visibility. Of course I would need to reach out to some experts to get some of the information but I do that quite often anyway.

I need to finish the course I am working on right now, I am 4 months in to a course that has been requested by the University and many of my students. Building your own Custom CMS (Content Management System) Blog Application. It is actually coming out quite well and the feedback I have received from the students so far has been very positive. I plan to have it completed in the next week or two. It is going to be offered as a class at the University for 3rd year students. I am also making a video version for the website.

With the number of questions that appear on SEO, and the lack of quality training that I have seen available, you could be right maybe I should consider developing one. Let me digest that food for thought.

Mike

ulterios

Ulterios,

You know you may be right, maybe I should look at putting together a few hour course on SEO, or at least the high level aspects of SEO and how it impacts site visibility. Of course I would need to reach out to some experts to get some of the information but I do that quite often anyway.

I need to finish the course I am working on right now, I am 4 months in to a course that has been requested by the University and many of my students. Building your own Custom CMS (Content Management System) Blog Application. It is actually coming out quite well and the feedback I have received from the students so far has been very positive. I plan to have it completed in the next week or two. It is going to be offered as a class at the University for 3rd year students. I am also making a video version for the website.

With the number of questions that appear on SEO, and the lack of quality training that I have seen available, you could be right maybe I should consider developing one. Let me digest that food for thought.

Mike
There is definitely a lack of quality SEO videos to be found. I have seen a little taste of what is out there and they are basically just junk slapped together. Since you already produce quality educational and training videos and have the experience I think you would have a winner. I would even go as far as to say that it could potentially be one of your most popular programs.

Plus people will be able to have their other training needs met by the same teacher and a lot of times that really helps because they develop easier learning skills when learning other things from the same professor. A good comfort level with teacher and students can help the learning process.

Although I am only active on a few webmaster and/or advertising forums, I am a member of a lot of them and have always seen that SEO is one of the most popular and hottest topics. I think a good quality SEO course would be a winner.

All that you can really find out there now are these fly-by-night so-called SEO guru videos which do not give the quality that such an important subject needs.

Have a great weekend Mike.

ProfMike

You should be in sales. After reading through your comments yesterday I reached out to one of the other professors at UNC and we are going to start putting together information on the content for an SEO course.

When I did some investigating at the local colleges in the area I was shocked to find that there are no courses offered on SEO at all, at the University level. That kind of amazed me based on the importance of the subject to a successful site.

I will keep you posted as we make progress and may even ask you for input on some of th topics once we get the base material together.

ulterios

After reading through your comments yesterday I reached out to one of the other professors at UNC and we are going to start putting together information on the content for an SEO course.
That's great, it will be nice to have a good quality SEO course to help the many people that either don't know where to start or just can't find anything of good quality. What I have seen before is kind of shocking as to how terrible it was. I think will be a big success.

When I did some investigating at the local colleges in the area I was shocked to find that there are no courses offered on SEO at all, at the University level. That kind of amazed me based on the importance of the subject to a successful site.
You are right, it is very important for the success of a site so you would think there would be some kind of offerings, at least some of the key principals to start out with.

I will keep you posted as we make progress and may even ask you for input on some of th topics once we get the base material together.
Sounds great Mike, I come across people quite often that are asking me about this so now I can tell them a good course in in development.

I will be happy to help in any way I can, just let me know when the time comes. :Thumb:

Dean

You should be in sales. After reading through your comments yesterday I reached out to one of the other professors at UNC and we are going to start putting together information on the content for an SEO course.

I think that's a great idea Mike. Due to the lack of quality SEO training courses and especially quality SEO video courses that will surely be a very popular course. There are a over half a Billion results for SEO in the Google search results and it's just going to keep growing so it's a real good and growing market to get into.

Having a lack of quality educational courses on such an important topic leaves a big opening for someone to step in and get a big share of the people who need and can really use a course like this. Everybody seems to be interested in SEO these days!

Good luck with the course. :)

Cheers, Dean.