facebook hashtag

facebook hashtag

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by john-mth, Mar 30, 2018.

1. john-mth

john-mth New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

What is use of hashtag(#) in facebook and how to use it?

Thanks

2. JennyJ

JennyJ Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    You use hashtags on Facebook the same way that you would use hashtags on Twitter. You hashtag a couple of the main keywords that you are wanting to get better search results for.

The hashtags are used to show your results higher in searches on Facebook than they would show if you did not use hashtags.

3. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    You use hashtags to make your posts easier for people to find based on the hashtags you use. You do not want to use too many but only a couple of the most important ones.

4. AmieBotella

AmieBotella New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Best definition and explanation. Most people abuse hashtag and post their statuses on hashtags. Which is ridiculous since Facebook will only quantify the ones that are frequently hash tagged by different people at a certain time and the ones that aren't as important but hash tagged are just merely nuisance in a post.

5. Milana

Milana Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The hashtags in Facebook are used to help people find the appropriate results for things that they are searching for. I see many people not using them and that will hurt the effectiveness of your posts.

After I started using hashtags I saw a big increase in the effectiveness of my posts.

6. grawhill

grawhill Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Believe it or not, hashtags are not important on Facebook. We recommend limiting the number of hashtags to a minimum. Indeed, concise captions tend to perform better on this platform. Of course, using your ‘brand-specific hashtags’ won’t hurt.

7. JennyJ

JennyJ Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So if we are not using the common hashtags then we are wasting our time?

8. Admons Zate

Admons Zate New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hashtags turn topics and phrases into clickable links in posts on your profile or Page. When people click a hashtag or search for a hashtag, they'll see a results that contain the hashtag so they can learn more about topics that interest them.

9. Raeann Bell

Raeann Bell Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A enterprise should use hashtags if they're used effectively. ... facebook creates a completely unique URL for the hashtags used so i can factor humans to the communique to inspire greater humans to use the hashtag and create extra relevant verbal exchange.