Email Marketing vs Social Media Marketing

Traveler

I was thinking that I should concentrate my marketing efforts and try doing just one form of marketing that way I can be more dedicated to it rather than not having enough time to do both. Which of these would be better to concentrate my time on?

ulterios

Figuring out which of these would be best for you will be determined by a couple of things. First, if you have a good targeted email list and are good at producing good attractive marketing emails. Second, do you have a good following and reach on the social media networks?

Whichever of these you think you have the best chance at and have what's needed to succeed with would be the one that I would choose.

eMonetize

For the average marketer, doing both makes the most sense.

You can use social media to build an email list, then follow up with email marketing.

I personally just buy 3rd party data or I get rev-share data (which is data that I get for $0 upfront costs and then I split the revenue from sending it with the data providers) and do little when it comes to building opt-in lists. This is what I have been doing for the past 16 years. However, I heavily promote PPL offers (pay per lead...lead generation) offers, so acquiring 3rd party data is much much cheaper and scalable. You have to keep in mind that in the end, I'm monetizing data, which is really more of a business model rather than a traffic generation strategy.

While I am far from an expert, I would look into learning facebook ads. They really have great targeting / retargeting capabilities. This is where I spend most of my free time learning. As I have no doubt it will pay off substantially. Which for me to pursue is a big deal, because I will rarely ever go outside of the email industry.

Dean

It's always going to be best to do both of these types of marketing. Why limit yourself to just one of these when both will give you a better chance for making more money?

I do both myself although I have to admit that I like social media marketing better.

I wouldn't limit myself to doing just one unless you have a good reason.

Catherine1

I think that you should use which one that you like the most or are most comfortable doing. If you have to force yourself to do one or the other then you will probably not be any good at it.

Maria Marketing

I like social media marketing better than email marketing. I like to be able to interact with people and build business relationships and I think that social media marketing is better for that.

vishwa

you can do both at the same time. Social Media marketing and email marketing has tremendous opportunity to get quality leads and increase your conversions. Social media marketing help you to increase your brand value while email marketing increase the conversion ratio.

KeralMTG

I think that this choice will depend on which one of these that you are better at doing. I like to do social media marketing myself because I do not always write good emails. It depends on which one you are better at doing.

Storm

I'd do both if you can but if you want to do just one then email marketing will probably get you better results in less time needed to do the job. Depends on what you are good at too.

JennyJ

Is there one that you are more comfortable with or better at? If there is then I would say that is the one you should pick.

Kania

I think it depends on which one you are better at doing. I only have a real small email list so I do mostly social media marketing but if you have a lot of emails then that might be easier.

Raeann Bell

Email marketing and social media marketing both are important for gaining traffic for website. In today's competitive world a new website needs to seo or digital marketing expert. And for a old website it is needed obiously. They will promo websites by email marketing and social media marketing. Email marketing and social media marketing are like apples and oranges. It is hard to compare them and to understand which one performs better. They might serve very different purposes in your overall marketing strategy. But for the purpose of growing our business effectively we must identify which channel performs better and where it is worth investing more of our resources. Email marketing and social media are like parallel universes that communicate with each other. We suggest using email marketing when you’re looking more for reach, traffic and direct conversions. Social media, on the other hand, is a great tool that can help you engage your audience and assist you with making more sales. There is no reason why you shouldn’t use both. Just be sure to allocate your resources the right way.

Marcos

I would try to do both of these different types of marketing but if you really only want to do just one then I would do which one you think you will be most successful with.

I am more comfortable with email marketing myself because I do not know all the best social media marketing methods yet but I still do both to help give more chances for earnings.