Effective Writing Made Easy

David Ewen

Writers often wonder what to write. The confusion comes from trying to figure out what each paragraph should look like rather than the point made. The mistake writers make involves thinking and writing at the same time when developing a written piece of work. Thinking and writing do not happen in the same way and avoided when developing thought and written content.

The challenges from writing an article come from how best to organize thoughts. Creating content seems effortless as long as the right process is used. Often writers start from the beginning and continue to the end resulting in confused thoughts. Writing from thinking fails because thoughts are developmental and not complete. Written content needs organization and completeness. Developmental thoughts used in writing have no organization and lacks completeness.

A clean process to write effectively involves organizing content backwards. That means starting from the concluding end of the article and work backward to the starting introduction. This may not be the most natural way of writing, but helps align thinking with writing. Fast moving thoughts work operate with desire and then how to get there. That means working with a conclusion and then figuring out the introduction. This writing style begins with the conclusion written first and the introduction written last. The result moves the paragraphs in the right order.

Because thought process operates on desires and therefore conclusion, written content developed first with a conclusion is more intuitive with the thinking process. When writing the conclusion, steps leading to the conclusion do not need to consideration until later. Having an effective, powerful, meaningful conclusion has the greatest importance for written content. That conclusion serves as the lasting impact vehicle for the reader. That impactful message remains lasting.

The body of the content involves a list of points that lead to the conclusion. This bulleted list creates the path toward the conclusion. For each bulleted list, three or more sentences make up the paragraph. The final part written is also the first part that is read by the audience. The introduction serves as an opening to the points made in the body of the content. After writing all elements, the obvious title is apparent. It should consist of four to five words at best.

MidnightAngel

Excellent piece! I have thought many of the same things in my writing, writing backwards is always easier. If you have the ending, then working toward the beginning that will eventually lead to the ending, is a lot easier than trying to begin and end. I've often over the years, written stories, partial novels, etc and have found myself stuck at chapter 5 after writing so well at first, then writer's block hits and that idea gets shot all to pieces.

Thank you for sharing your piece. I enjoyed it very much.

David Ewen

Thanks. The hardest part is to consider the bullet points that go in a logical pattern to satisfy the conclusion. They must all tie together evenly for you to be able to create a good introduction. I'm glad you liked the piece. Thank you.

Excellent piece! I have thought many of the same things in my writing, writing backwards is always easier. If you have the ending, then working toward the beginning that will eventually lead to the ending, is a lot easier than trying to begin and end. I've often over the years, written stories, partial novels, etc and have found myself stuck at chapter 5 after writing so well at first, then writer's block hits and that idea gets shot all to pieces.

Thank you for sharing your piece. I enjoyed it very much.