Does Twitter have too much spam and fake accounts?

Does Twitter have too much spam and fake accounts?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know or don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marcos

Having multiple Twitter accounts for the same website is pretty common. I understand that there are times when more than one can be useful for other things but I have seen some website/people/companies use multiple for the exact same thing.

I am not sure what Twitters policy is as far as number of accounts for the same use but I know that people are allowed to have several.
I saw one that I know has very many and they all look like cheap junk accounts. They have poor and random looking images on their profile and all they do is retweet the same exact things on all accounts. It all looks like it is automated.

Dean

I saw one that I know has very many and they all look like cheap junk accounts. They have poor and random looking images on their profile and all they do is retweet the same exact things on all accounts. It all looks like it is automated.
Those are good signs of a junk and/or spam account.

Lots of things are automated on Twitter these days, especially Retweeting of posts by other users.

Dean

Twitter has been banning accounts with suspicious activity since long time. It isn't something new and something they have been trying to tackle, spam is something that can never be stopped but social networks are always taking precautionary measures.
Yes they have been banning accounts but it seems like they are not really putting a dent in the number of spam accounts.

It just seems like Twitter is not as aggressive at banning these types of accounts like they do on the other social media sites like Facebook.

If you spend a good amount of time on the tops social media sites then you'll see that Twitter stands out as the one with the most junk and spam.

Traveler

This last week I have gotten 2 different websites that have maybe 20+ Twitter accounts each for the exact same website that have followed me. One for a coupon site and one for coding. Each has probably more than 20 Twitter accounts and only a few Tweets that are just junk.

This is just taking it too far. They need to be banned or something.

Dean

This last week I have gotten 2 different websites that have maybe 20+ Twitter accounts each for the exact same website that have followed me. One for a coupon site and one for coding. Each has probably more than 20 Twitter accounts and only a few Tweets that are just junk.

This is just taking it too far. They need to be banned or something.
I've seen that before many times. I think that some people just get a little crazy with the number of accounts and wind up losing credibility and hurting themselves more than they are helping.

In my opinion, they should remove inactive accounts more that a year.. :D or those profile who sharing more links without their connection.. :) They should make a circle about users.. :) This the first this they should :D

ulterios

In my opinion, they should remove inactive accounts more that a year.
I completely agree with you but I doubt they will do it. I have seen accounts that were created as far back as 2008 and 2009 that were never used or used a couple of times and have been sitting for 8-9 years.

Dean

In my opinion, they should remove inactive accounts more that a year.. :D or those profile who sharing more links without their connection.. :) They should make a circle about users.. :) This the first this they should :D
Yeah they should do that and anything that can help control the junk spam posts and accounts. I do not think they worry about spam and junk there as much as some other social media sites do though.

I would like to see them do some cleaning up there.

Yeah they should do that and anything that can help control the junk spam posts and accounts. I do not think they worry about spam and junk there as much as some other social media sites do though.

I would like to see them do some cleaning up there.

And one think they should notice that there are a lot of adult content there.. At first they should take a action on them ;)

ulterios

After looking at someone Twitter accounts of some users today I noticed that there are several accounts that are displaying this message when you visit them:

"Caution: This account is temporarily restricted"

It looks like Twitter is doing some kind of crackdown on spam and junk accounts.

Maybe they are finally taking some steps to clean up their platform.

Dean

After looking at someone Twitter accounts of some users today I noticed that there are several accounts that are displaying this message when you visit them:

"Caution: This account is temporarily restricted"

It looks like Twitter is doing some kind of crackdown on spam and junk accounts.

Maybe they are finally taking some steps to clean up their platform.
I just noticed this a few days ago but didn't know why I was seeing it on some accounts. Maybe Twitter is doing something about the junk or spam accounts.

sam.hunt0710

When Accounts make a lot of spam :- Tweet / Retweet , Follow/Unfollow , Posting Spam links , Posting Redirected links have more the 3 redirection they easily got caught up and results in ban. Accounts logging from 1 IP and doing spam also comes in similar category.

But if you know how to Play with daily limits of twitter and also TOS what you can do and what you can not you can easily bypass the rules and earn a lot from there.

Several of my clients who are using Bots for twitter use N numbers of accounts to get traffic over their website , aff links , blogs etc.

ulterios

I just noticed this a few days ago but didn't know why I was seeing it on some accounts. Maybe Twitter is doing something about the junk or spam accounts.
Well I have noticed that Twitter is doing some changes with some design aspects (very small) and some layout things so maybe they are doing some kind of wider-spread improvements.

I have never seen that exact same message like that one before so something is going on.

Dean

Well I have noticed that Twitter is doing some changes with some design aspects (very small) and some layout things so maybe they are doing some kind of wider-spread improvements.

I have never seen that exact same message like that one before so something is going on.
I did notice that some of the buttons and a few other things had minor changes. I have no idea if they are doing any kind of major changes but I doubt it.