Does Google analytics affect seo?

Storm

I have been finding mixed information on if having Google analytics on your website affects the seo for that website or not. Some say it does affect it and others say it doesn't. Does anyone have any information or opinions on this?

I don't know if I should use it or not worry about it.

vishwa

Google can't consider your analytics data as a SEO factor. This is completely false news. There is no factual reason behind it. Google analytics is only a tool to analyse your site traffic which will help you to make crucial decisions about your site performance.

ulterios

This is a common myth that I have seen around the web and the forums. There are more websites that do not use Google Analytics than there are that do use it so there would be no realistic way that Google analytics could be used as a ranking factor since it would not be accurate. ;)

Dean

Google analytics will not directly have any kind of SEO impact itself but it can if you use some of the data and analyze it so that you can make some changes to your website that will have an SEO impact. So although it's not a direct SEO factor you can use it to make an SEO impact.

Last edited:

Marcos

I was just reading about this yesterday myself. It seems like some people say it affects the seo of your site and some say it doesn't. I always like to use it for the data to learn more about my site traffic so either way it is good for me.

Raeann Bell

The answer is no. Google Analytics are results, not the tools like Google Webmaster. They only gives you the analysis the Google has done on your website. But by seeing and understanding these analytics, you can boost you page ranking.

For example, it gives you the graph of the places where your website has been visited the most, so you can provide more content in your site that is to the interest of people in those places and can also focus on the topics related to places where no one visits your website.

Conclusion - Google analytics doesn’t affects the page ranking directly but using these analytics, you can increase your page ranking. For more info, you can visit at http://www.onlinemonkeys.com.au/