Do you trust hosting reviews websites?

ulterios

Obviously ads are needed to offset the cost of running the forum, but they can get to extremes if they begin to interfere with the use of the forum or the message. There is a delicate balance.
Yes they are needed but I have seen some that take it to another level of "Too Much"! They are needed because not too many forum owner really make money with a forum, it's just how close to breaking even you can get!

I tend to stay away from opinions on web hosting companies.
I used to myself, just because I like to stay neutral for the most part. But, after a couple of them tried to scam me out of thousands of dollars, that changed my views at least of the ones owned by that group of hosting companies.

Thanks for the comments on not having ads on the site. I appreciate it. My first consideration is always the students that use the site. I try to keep things simple for them and focused on education. Little to no distractions especially when they are watching the videos.
You are most welcome my friend. One thing about me is that I can them like I see them, good or bad. In your case, good. ;)

Dean

These days I find that most of the hosting review sites are only basing their ratings on how much they can make from their affiliate associations with the web hosts. Some of the hosting companies with the absolute worst reputations are ranking at the top of most of the review sites so it is obviously a result of either being paid to have their review rank high or they make more of of those hosts, so they give them the top spots.

The whole hosting review niche has gotten such a bad rap over the last several years because of practices like this. So, based on everything I see and have seen around the web, no I do not trust most hosting review sites.

Cheers, Dean

KeralMTG

I have been looking at these kind of websites alot lately and most say all the hostings that are bad are ranking at the top of their lists. All the hostings that have bad reputation are in top spots. So I do not trust hosting review websites.

Dean

I have been looking at these kind of websites alot lately and most say all the hostings that are bad are ranking at the top of their lists. All the hostings that have bad reputation are in top spots. So I do not trust hosting review websites.
Most of those review sites base a huge part of their rankings on how well their affiliate program performs and pays. Usually there are several EIG owned web hosting companies that are ranking in the top spots of their reviews. That right there will tell me that the reviews can not be trusted!

Cheers, Dean.

Ben

If the reviews are coming for a website that is trusted then I guess I would trust them. If they are coming from some website that most people have never or will never hear of then probably not.

Storm

Most of those review websites are just going to tell you what they think that you want to hear so that you will buy hosting through one of their affiliate links. They are in it for money and not honest reviews.

Catherine1

Well since they all seem to say the same things about the same web hosting companies I do not really trust them that much. If I want to know about a host I will just ask on a forum like this one. I would rather hear from people directly.

DTS-NET

try to go with review sites that do not get paid by the hosts they review many or paid by and affiliate program most list that on there sites

Storm

try to go with review sites that do not get paid by the hosts they review many or paid by and affiliate program most list that on there sites
How can we tell which review sites are not paid by the hosts?

Traveler

I would maybe trust some that were not affiliate hosting review websites or were not paid for their reviews but I would not know how we can tell which ones those are.