Do you display the 300x600 Large banner ad in your site?

Nomnom

Google Adsense provides a lot of ads sizes for you to display in your website or blog. One of the sizes that you can display is the huge 300x600 vertical banner ad. It looks something like this:
best-performing-ad-sizes.jpg

Do you see it? It's huge right? I think it's one of the recommended ads by Adsense because it has very high visibility. It is visually striking and is easily noticed by visitors. Since it is easily noticed, it probably has a high chance of getting clicked.

But when it comes to design, do you think that using this ad is good? Do you think that it won't affect visitor experience? If you would use it, where is the best place to put the ad?

Dean

I have only used that size a couple of times over the years because it can look a little overwhelming on some pages, depending on the content that is on the page with it.

The most common sizes that I use are the 300x250, 250x250 and the 336x280. There are some others that I use depending on my needs though and they differ from site to site sometimes.

marketmongoose

For your visitors, it is better to put on right sidebar of your website, I would recommend using 300x 250
For your website, if you can put among your content then it will be great for conversions. I would recommend using 336x 280 for this case.

JohnQ

Google Adsense provides a lot of ads sizes for you to display in your website or blog. One of the sizes that you can display is the huge 300x600 vertical banner ad. It looks something like this:
best-performing-ad-sizes.jpg

Do you see it? It's huge right? I think it's one of the recommended ads by Adsense because it has very high visibility. It is visually striking and is easily noticed by visitors. Since it is easily noticed, it probably has a high chance of getting clicked.

But when it comes to design, do you think that using this ad is good? Do you think that it won't affect visitor experience? If you would use it, where is the best place to put the ad?
Looking at your image it does look really big but it is narrower than the 336x280 ad but just longer. It does look a little oversized to me and I don't think I would ever use that size myself.

To me it seems like people might thing a website that uses that size is being too interested in advertising and not good user experience so they might not come back to the website.

KeralMTG

I have never used that size on my blog. It seems like it is way too big and it might not look good to people who come to my blog. I usually use 250x250 or 336x280 and 728x90 in the footer areas.