Can you live without internet?

Can you live without internet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dnpile, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Storm

Storm Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I don't think I could live without the internet very easily. That's my main source of secondary income after my day job. I also buy a lot of things online so that would make it harder and more costly.

2. Ben

Ben Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    It's funny that I should see this topic here since I was asked this by a buddy of mine a couple days ago. I told him my internet had had problems the last few days and I was unhappy with my ISP and their lack of help to resolve the issue.

He took that as a sign that I couldn't live without the internet and asked me this exact same question. I told him I might have to get a second job to keep my mind occupied so I guess that's my answer to this question. LOL

3. mlipure

mlipure New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I cant do anything without internet, its nearly half of my life

4. Kanika

Kanika Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    It's true there is no life exist without internet.
    I always online on gtalk. It's my daily needs.

5. JennyJ

JennyJ Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Right now I guess that I could live without the internet but in the future I might not be able to. The field of work that I will be going into soon does a lot of things through the internet so I would need it for work.

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    The internet is needed in so many fields of work these days that it would be hard to find many that didn't need it for one thing or another.

I'd bet that one of these days it will be required for basically every field of work at least in one aspect or another.

7. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I would be dead in the water. I get 100% of my income from the internet.

Thankfully it's not going anywhere.

8. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Ha Ha, Same for me starting this year. I do all my work online now so all my money is made this way. Good for us the internet will not be going anywhere for a long time or maybe ever.

9. chandlerbong

chandlerbong Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    if i live that without internet , i will not have much money and i can change my life if have not internet.

10. Kania

Kania Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I can't live without the internet because I do so many things on it. I watch movies, play games, do internet marketing and many other things so it would be impossible to have the same life I have now.

11. PedroP

PedroP Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Well, i work online so I'd have a hard time really. It's amazing to think how addicted to the internet we've grown. I think a big part of the world would simply die with the internet if it went down tomorrow. A frightening thought.

12. cesarmatute

cesarmatute New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have learned that I can live without Internet the hard way, because my Internet provider is so very bad, that my connection is down very frequently, and when it's not, it's very slow. I once had no Internet for about a month, with no reply from my ISP.

The good thing: I spend more time playing with my kids.

I'd rather live with the Internet than without it, but at least I know I can survive without it.

13. PedroP

PedroP Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about your provider buddy. Still, it's a good thing that you conciliate real life and virtual life well. I have always been a fan of the motto "You can't live your life online" But nowadays it seems we are always 100% glued to our screens. Good to find time to spend with your family also.

14. shilpa

shilpa Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I can live without internet, but I may not earn as much as I'm earning with internet. Internet is definitely my bread. I have my works here over many blogs, websites, and forums. I have a paypal account which I can't access without internet. Internet surely has become inherent and a necessity these days. Imagine a day without. Even for those who don't earn online but surf it just for fun may feel remote, uncreative and uncanny. Professionals may become unproductive and may even lose their customers.

15. HMASERV

HMASERV New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes i can live without internet but my social life will be affected.First my job based on internet without it i have no job or work.

16. Michelle P. Camo

Michelle P. Camo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Let's just say that internet nowadays is a necessity and I personally cannot live without internet. I'm working at home and internet is my life. Basically I cannot support all my expenses without internet.

17. szerjhex18

szerjhex18 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If that question has been asked to in about 8 years ago? I can proudly say YES! I can live without Internet. But now that question for me is like taking my life support while I'm in coma. So NO! is my answer. why?

Because Internet is now my savior financially, savior for boredom, and savior for getting in touch for my family and friends when I'm missed them.

Saviour Financially - because obviously i do job online now. It can help me also for paying bills, shopping and remit money.

Savior in Boredom - because now tv is not entertaining for me at all. To many adds, and the news is not that accurate, so many bias, and sometimes late. But on internet they can report anything form any part of the world. with accurate time, and not biased. And also by watching movie, listening music, and playing games. There's so much to do.

Savior for getting in touch for my family and friends - yes i know everyone knows about how to getting in touch thru internet, by using social media things is so much easier for me to make the communication intact.

18. argel241

argel241 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It is really hard to live without internet nowadays especially if we rely on the internet on our daily basis but definitely, I can manage to survive even without it.

19. Kamille Ellasus

Kamille Ellasus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can live without using the internet but I may look like a dying old man. I need it everyday. It's like having no electricity or food or a feeling like the AC broke down and you're running out of breath because of the heat. You probably get what it feels like. So no, I can't survive without internet in my daily living.

20. BelindaMT

BelindaMT New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can live without internet. I was born in 1980 and there was no internet during my childhood and I can say that it was a happy childhood. I was always outside of my house playing around with my childhood friends. Unlike nowadays children are usually stayed at home playing online games. Though I can live without internet, I do wish that I have access to the internet at all times. Life is so easy I can pay my bills online by just clicking. It saves my time and money too.