Can you learn seo on youtube?

Marcos

SEO changes very quickly so what is good SEO today might be bad tomorrow so I do not know how well you can learn anything good for SEO on Youtube. Most of those videos are a year or more which is like centuries in SEO.

Andi_Hannah

This is funny because I tried to learn some SEO from Youtube videos. I think if you are trying to learn like I am then you will not know all the technical words for SEO but the videos I watched on Youtube used a lot of words that I did not know. This made it hard to understand everything. I think it it better to learn some SEO things on Youtube after you already know some things about it.
I also want to improve my knowledge regarding SEO. Aside from watching youtube videos (well, yes, I would agree that some are already old). Any suggestions on how we can upgrade our SEO abilities?

ulterios

I also want to improve my knowledge regarding SEO. Aside from watching youtube videos (well, yes, I would agree that some are already old). Any suggestions on how we can upgrade our SEO abilities?
The best way to learn more about SEO and improve your SEO skills is to read as much about it as you can and then implement any good SEO techniques or methods that you learn.

Here is a good place to star reading about SEO: https://www.internetmarketingstar.com/forums/search-engine-optimization.5/

You can also check out some of the top SEO blogs and information websites in Google, Bing or your favorite search engine website.

Kania

I have learned many things about SEO by reading on the Moz blog and Search Engine Land website.

Sudipta Sen

I think if you want truly learn seo on youtube, at first you want the best source of seo. Further if you want more details, I think you can join SEO tuition.

Andi_Hannah

The best way to learn more about SEO and improve your SEO skills is to read as much about it as you can and then implement any good SEO techniques or methods that you learn.

Here is a good place to star reading about SEO: https://www.internetmarketingstar.com/forums/search-engine-optimization.5/

You can also check out some of the top SEO blogs and information websites in Google, Bing or your favorite search engine website.

Thanks, I have been "lurking" and reading posts here for quite a while and I'm learning new updates, especially regarding the penalties that Google implements. Great help!

I have learned many things about SEO by reading on the Moz blog and Search Engine Land website.

I have visited the blogs that you suggested. Thanks a lot for your help too. Cheers!

ulterios

Thanks, I have been "lurking" and reading posts here for quite a while and I'm learning new updates, especially regarding the penalties that Google implements. Great help!
Well feel free to join in on any topics you are interested in or know about. If you need answers to something in particular then post a thread if you can't find an appropriate one that is already here.

Storm

I have watched many of the SEO videos on Youtube and I can say that you can pick up some good tips and info there but there is also a lot of worthless videos on there with bad or poor info so it all depends on the video.

Melker

I have watched some SEO videos on Youtube to help me get up to speed with what kind of things I need to know about current SEO but it seems like there is just a lot of videos that are mostly worthless and that do not really share anything or teach anything that you don't see everywhere else and is about common knowledge.

There might be some good ones but I have not found many that are worth the time.

ulterios

I have watched some SEO videos on Youtube to help me get up to speed with what kind of things I need to know about current SEO but it seems like there is just a lot of videos that are mostly worthless and that do not really share anything or teach anything that you don't see everywhere else and is about common knowledge.

There might be some good ones but I have not found many that are worth the time.
One of the biggest problems with learning SEO on YouTube is that you have to keep an eye out on the dates of the videos. SEO changes so quickly that what was good a year or two ago isn't always still good for SEO.

I think if you are just looking to get some ideas and basic understanding of SEO then if you find the right videos then that might be goo but it's going to be hard to learn advanced SEO that is accurate on most the videos there.

Melker

One of the biggest problems with learning SEO on YouTube is that you have to keep an eye out on the dates of the videos. SEO changes so quickly that what was good a year or two ago isn't always still good for SEO.

I think if you are just looking to get some ideas and basic understanding of SEO then if you find the right videos then that might be goo but it's going to be hard to learn advanced SEO that is accurate on most the videos there.
I was looking at the dates on some and many were 2-4 years old. I know SEO changes fast so I was just looking for a few tips and ideas. It was a waste of time for that with most of them.

ulterios

I was looking at the dates on some and many were 2-4 years old. I know SEO changes fast so I was just looking for a few tips and ideas. It was a waste of time for that with most of them.
I have seen many about that old and even some that were more than 5 years old so you really have to keep the age of the videos in mind since much of what used to work for SEO many years ago can now get you a penalty either manually or by algorithm. ;)

Smith-K

But don't you think the approach for video SEO is a bit different that the usual SEO stuff we apply on our websites? Most of the youtubers abuse the system by buying fake views and then Youtube has to change the game completely.

ulterios

But don't you think the approach for video SEO is a bit different that the usual SEO stuff we apply on our websites?
Sure, I definitely agree that video SEO is different from SEO for a website or blog. Based on what I have seen.done/heard of it can be easier to cheat the system, so-to-speak, for video SEO.

Most of the youtubers abuse the system by buying fake views and then Youtube has to change the game completely.
I am actually surprised that Google has not implemented more controls over the SEO cheats that you can do for YouTube videos since they own them. I would think that it would be harder to play the system in YouTube than it actually is. ;)

Melker

I have seen many about that old and even some that were more than 5 years old so you really have to keep the age of the videos in mind since much of what used to work for SEO many years ago can now get you a penalty either manually or by algorithm. ;)
I was just curious about learning some basics and nothing advanced. I read that Google now updates their rankings algorithm in real time which is a big change from years ago.

ulterios

I was just curious about learning some basics and nothing advanced. I read that Google now updates their rankings algorithm in real time which is a big change from years ago.
If you're looking for just the basics then you should be able to get some of those but there are still some "basics" that have changed over the years so you just want to make sure to check on anything that you are thinking of doing if you are not sure of it.

Melker

If you're looking for just the basics then you should be able to get some of those but there are still some "basics" that have changed over the years so you just want to make sure to check on anything that you are thinking of doing if you are not sure of it.
That's all I need for now. I have been reading some posts on the big SEO blogs also to help get me caught up with modern SEO.

ulterios

That's all I need for now. I have been reading some posts on the big SEO blogs also to help get me caught up with modern SEO.
That's good, reading as much as you have time for on the top SEO related blogs and websites can help you get up to speed on the latest SEO best practices and trends.

SEO learning is an ongoing process so reading on it regularly can help you keep up with what is good and what is not. ;)

Melker

That's good, reading as much as you have time for on the top SEO related blogs and websites can help you get up to speed on the latest SEO best practices and trends.

SEO learning is an ongoing process so reading on it regularly can help you keep up with what is good and what is not. ;)
I have a lot of reading to do because a lot has changed from what I knew about SEO from before. I'll pick up on the latest things quick though.