Brand awareness campaign feedback needed.

Tony

Hi all! I am in need of some good feedback for a new campaign that I am overseeing for the company I work for, Lucid Software.

Just a little background. Lucid's main product is Lucidchart, which is a diagramming tool. We have a very niche market. However, in an attempt to build brand awareness, we decided to launch a campaign that would garner attention by those outside our usual target audience. We decided to combine flowcharts with hit music from the last four decades. The campaign is called the Songtacular Flowdown. Here's the link for the site: flowdown.co

I would love any feedback on what might be missing, what's working, and what we could potentially do to get this in front of more eyes. Thanks for your help you guys!

PTTed

Hi all! I am in need of some good feedback for a new campaign that I am overseeing for the company I work for, Lucid Software.

Just a little background. Lucid's main product is Lucidchart, which is a diagramming tool. We have a very niche market. However, in an attempt to build brand awareness, we decided to launch a campaign that would garner attention by those outside our usual target audience. We decided to combine flowcharts with hit music from the last four decades. The campaign is called the Songtacular Flowdown. Here's the link for the site: www.flowdown.co

I would love any feedback on what might be missing, what's working, and what we could potentially do to get this in front of more eyes. Thanks for your help you guys!
I don't understand the idea of wanting to increase brand awareness outside of your target market. I just don't see how that will lead to a meaningful amount of increased sales. I suppose that if the videos get shared enough and earn enough natural links (as a result) then that increased authority on the web will help with your SEO (assuming you are using SEO as a tool to get your product in front of people actually in your target audience). Other than that, unless the people who are sharing these videos are either in your target market themselves or sharing them with someone in your target market, then I don't see the benefit.

With that in mind, the actual idea behind the campaign is a good one if the main purpose is to get those videos shared which then introduces new people to the product for the first time. I think it is a great idea to tie something mainstream (like music) into your product. It didn't interest me enough to want to share it. (I'm not into music videos very much at all.) But I do think it will interest a lot of people enough to share it. The videos are well done and the website itself is well done.

**Side note** I don't care for the name "Songtacular Flowdown" it doesn't conjure any image in my mind at all. And it doesn't peak my interest at all. I think a better name would be something like "Music Video - Flowchart Battle" "Witness 80's bands take on today's biggest artists in a head to head music video flowchart battle! Cast your vote!" The words "Music Video - Flowchart Battle" immediately makes me envision some type of music video competition. The words "songtactular flowdown" elicit no interest whatsoever (in me anyway). Just my honest opinion. Not trying to be negative.

I hope you do well with it and I am very interested to see a detailed report on how well the campaign worked over a period of months. Good luck!

Last edited:

david smith

Running a campaign for brand awareness and that too for the audience that is not the target audience that you are looking. If one wants to spread only brand awareness then running such a campaign seems logical. I am not able to view the campaign and getting this error 'The requested URL could not be retrieved."

CookieRunner

Hi, I was interested to see your website since you've mentioned that you want to create awareness and all. When I clicked on the link / website, I think I am unable to view the website and it has an error. Is it me or there's something wrong with the website?