Are cooking videos good to market?

Maria Marketing

One of the things that my blog covers is cooking and someone told me that maybe I should make some videos showing how to cook some things that I have blog posts on my blog.

Are cooking videos good to market or is it better to just have blog posts with the information?

I don't know if people would want to sit through a video about cooking or not.

Kania

I have watched a couple of cooking videos myself and they were not that long because the people were skipping past parts that they did not need to show like waiting for things in the oven when they are cooking.

People like to eat and many people do not know how to cook some thing so I think they will be good. You can put them on your blog and then also on youtube to get more people watching.

If you have a youtube channel I will subscribe to it. :D

Maria Marketing

I have watched a couple of cooking videos myself and they were not that long because the people were skipping past parts that they did not need to show like waiting for things in the oven when they are cooking.

People like to eat and many people do not know how to cook some thing so I think they will be good. You can put them on your blog and then also on youtube to get more people watching.

If you have a youtube channel I will subscribe to it. :D
I was thinking about that and if I just skip part parts that are not needed and just make sure to explain things then that can shorten them down so more people will watch them.

KeralMTG

Since you say your blog has cooking posts on it then I think the videos can help you get people to come to see your blog more. You can put your blog URL in the description somewhere and maybe at the beginning and end of your videos. Tell them to go to your blog for more details.

Maria Marketing

Since you say your blog has cooking posts on it then I think the videos can help you get people to come to see your blog more. You can put your blog URL in the description somewhere and maybe at the beginning and end of your videos. Tell them to go to your blog for more details.
I was thinking about doing something like that. Maybe put "If you would like more information on this Recipe then please go to" and have my blog address there.

KeralMTG

I was thinking about doing something like that. Maybe put "If you would like more information on this Recipe then please go to" and have my blog address there.
Or you can also add that if they would like "more great recipes" then they can go to = your blog! :D

Maria Marketing

There are a lot of cooking channels that are doing good on Youtube. Make sure to use a good video creation software and do not try to use CC videos as they will eventually get your channel banned.
I don't even know what CC videos are.

These would be videos that I make myself.

What software would you recommend for a beginner?

ulterios

I think that some cooking videos would be a good idea to help you and your blog.

Cooking and how-to videos are popular on YouTube so you'd probably get a lot of viewers that can turn into traffic and conversions for your blog if you can get them promoted well. ;)

Maria Marketing

I think that some cooking videos would be a good idea to help you and your blog.

Cooking and how-to videos are popular on YouTube so you'd probably get a lot of viewers that can turn into traffic and conversions for your blog if you can get them promoted well. ;)
I think that they could be good too and especially if I can get into some cooking groups on Facebook maybe. I have to do some more reading on it but I think I am going to try it.

Dean

One of the things that my blog covers is cooking and someone told me that maybe I should make some videos showing how to cook some things that I have blog posts on my blog.

Are cooking videos good to market or is it better to just have blog posts with the information?

I don't know if people would want to sit through a video about cooking or not.
I think they would be good, especially if you have some good tips and helpful information in them. It used to be that when someone wanted to know how to cook something they would just look in a cookbook.

Now it's easier to just look up these things online so online videos on cooking would probably be successful if you can get traffic to your videos.

sam.hunt0710

Rjqt0A-7QiaNgjX1EAN2Uw.png

VmTqhsUaQBeXFe8rLoVt-g.png

gJWihLoNSkqe0HppmnPO1A.png

Yes its a good & competitive niche , you need good SEO strategy so that you can get good number of traffic which in end will give you good conversion.

Maria Marketing

I think they would be good, especially if you have some good tips and helpful information in them. It used to be that when someone wanted to know how to cook something they would just look in a cookbook.

Now it's easier to just look up these things online so online videos on cooking would probably be successful if you can get traffic to your videos.
I am going to have tips and how to kind of videos to help people do things. I want to make them very easy to understand and not have complicated instructions. I have seen some that are confusing so I do not want mine to be like that.
Rjqt0A-7QiaNgjX1EAN2Uw.png

VmTqhsUaQBeXFe8rLoVt-g.png

gJWihLoNSkqe0HppmnPO1A.png

Yes its a good & competitive niche , you need good SEO strategy so that you can get good number of traffic which in end will give you good conversion.
That's good information in that image. Thank you

I might have to have a service for helping with my SEO since I don't know to much. I will check and see maybe.

Tania997

They are definitely good, especially if you need to market a product and you show it works really well in your cooking video. Besides, everyone loves food so they will come and look at it at least :)

fishmonk

Cooking videos are excellent if you intend to focus on cooking niche. However, do try to spare some time to edit the video.

As a viewer, I like short informative videos which highlight key procedures. Lengthy videos could turn off viewers.

Getting clear quality camera and good presentation also helps to create quality content which will bring back viewers in future besides promoting your blog.

shilpa

Yes, including as much visuals as needed to your blogs will surely enhance your blog posts. Many people are constantly looking for DIY or "how to" videos. Also it has proved that engaging in more interactive activities such as videos, photos and other things enhances the quality of a page. It will surely increase the traffic if your posts are good and well-supported by appropriate accompanying visuals. It will engage the viewers to your blogposts and many may actually return to visit your blogposts. Also you could sell your videos and recipes as e-books. You're guaranteed to have success this way.

First, engage your viewers. Next, provide quality stuff. Then, when traffic grows at steady rate, sell your recipes and videos.

Best of luck. :)

fishmonk

Cooking videos also offer opportunity for sponsors. If you are lucky and get noticed by the PR or Marketing people from certain companies, they may send you some cooking utensils to use as part of the video.

This can lead to additional revenue as long as you meet their requirements. These events are pretty common as large organisations have PR or marketing who focus on the Internet to look for ways to promote their products as well.

Maria Marketing

Cooking videos are excellent if you intend to focus on cooking niche. However, do try to spare some time to edit the video.

As a viewer, I like short informative videos which highlight key procedures. Lengthy videos could turn off viewers.

Getting clear quality camera and good presentation also helps to create quality content which will bring back viewers in future besides promoting your blog.
How long do you think would be the maximum that you would watch? Is 15-20 minutes too long?

Cooking videos also offer opportunity for sponsors. If you are lucky and get noticed by the PR or Marketing people from certain companies, they may send you some cooking utensils to use as part of the video.

This can lead to additional revenue as long as you meet their requirements. These events are pretty common as large organisations have PR or marketing who focus on the Internet to look for ways to promote their products as well.
Do you mean like a paid review or getting paid to be seen using their products?