Are backup services worth it?

Ellen F

I saw that there are some backup services that will do automated backups of your blog for a fee and I was wondering if anyone thinks those are worth it or if it is just a waste of money.

Anyone have any experience or outlook on if backup services are worth the cost?

ulterios

It's really up to you to decide if they are worth the price or not. If you are short on time then it might be worth it to you but if you have the time to make your own backups then it might not be worth the cost.

I personally like to make my own backups because I want to have more control over them and can take measures to ensure that they are not lost or damaged.

Melker

I used one of these before and it was good for me because I did not have much time to do the backups I needed to do on a regular basis. It worked out nicely but now I just do them myself to cut my costs and because I have a little extra time nowadays.

Ellen F

It's really up to you to decide if they are worth the price or not. If you are short on time then it might be worth it to you but if you have the time to make your own backups then it might not be worth the cost.

I personally like to make my own backups because I want to have more control over them and can take measures to ensure that they are not lost or damaged.
Well I found a place that charges a very low fee for the service so I thought that it might be worth it just to not have to worry about making them myself.
I used one of these before and it was good for me because I did not have much time to do the backups I needed to do on a regular basis. It worked out nicely but now I just do them myself to cut my costs and because I have a little extra time nowadays.
Do you remember the name of the place you used?

Catherine1

If you find a really affordable price and your time is more valuable than the cost of the service then why not?

When I was looking at these services last year the ones that I saw were a little expensive considering that my blog is still small and it really doesn't need backups done that often since I don't add enough posts to it often enough.

Traveler

I think that the paid backup services are only worth the cost if you do not have the time to do them for yourself. If you have the time to do them yourself then just save your money.

Dean

It's hard to say if it's worth it or not because people will value their time differently from one person to another. I like to do my own backups but I know many people that pay a backup service to do their backups for them so that they don't have to take the time to do them for themselves.

I would ask myself how much time you have available for things like that and if the cost is worth the time savings for you.

KeralMTG

Do you have softaculous with your web hosting? If you did then you can setup backups in that if you installed your website software with that.