Are Amazon Affiliate Stores Good?

Catherine1

Amazon has decided to discontinue the astore for its affiliates. According to a writer for Amazon, other apps like Shopify and E-commerce have taken away literally millions of dollars from Amazon. Since it really has no innovation department and so they are losing revenue to newer apps with compelling features. Amazons profits for astores were negligible, however, maybe Amazon just doesn't want to compete. Existing website business will allow Amazon to relocate to one of its more profitable systems. I'm sad because I really liked to build those astores.
They stopped the affiliate stores? Seriously?

Catherine1

As an affiliate marketer, this is one of the main questions that I want an answer. I have amazon affiliate store. After a through research, I chose a niche. I built an affiliate store. I even developed contents around the niche and published on the website. I am getting traffic, social media traffic as well as search engine traffic, however, my traffic is not converting into sales. I don't know what people do when they want to buy from Amazon, do they buy from affiliate store or directly visit Amazon site.
Do you currently have one going?