2 blogs on the same web hosting

Ana

Hi marketing friends I have a question for you. I am going to start 1 blog and then shortly after it is going I am going to start another for a different topic. I am wondering if it is better to have both blogs on the same web hosting or if it is better to have separate web hosting for each blog for any reason.

What do you think is best for this?

sam.hunt0710

If you are putting your blogs in PBN ( Private Blog Network ) Category then you need different hosting for that.

If they are normal blogs with monetization methods enabled / affiliate links you can easily place them over 1 Hosting.

1 things to remember whenever you purchase a Domain for your blog go for WHOIS Protection too that will help you not getting spammed.

Dean

As long as you aren't trying to do any kind of black hat SEO or have some other reason to keep them separate then you can have them on the same hosting.

It seems like you are just going to have a couple of blogs for two separate niches so I see no reason you would need more than 1 hosting account as long as it has enough resources for two blogs.

KeralMTG

You can have them both on the same web hosting if your plan allows more than 1 website. Some of the cheap ones only allow 1 so you can check. If you are going to be doing some things like black hat then you should do different hosting.

Ana

If you are putting your blogs in PBN ( Private Blog Network ) Category then you need different hosting for that.

If they are normal blogs with monetization methods enabled / affiliate links you can easily place them over 1 Hosting.

1 things to remember whenever you purchase a Domain for your blog go for WHOIS Protection too that will help you not getting spammed.
They would be just normal blogs with some affiliate advertising I think. I do not even know what a private blog network is so I will not be doing that I think.

Ana

As long as you aren't trying to do any kind of black hat SEO or have some other reason to keep them separate then you can have them on the same hosting.

It seems like you are just going to have a couple of blogs for two separate niches so I see no reason you would need more than 1 hosting account as long as it has enough resources for two blogs.
I do not really know about black hat seo so I would not be doing that. They would just be 2 regular blogs with affiliate advertising I think.

Ana

You can have them both on the same web hosting if your plan allows more than 1 website. Some of the cheap ones only allow 1 so you can check. If you are going to be doing some things like black hat then you should do different hosting.
I do not know about black hat so I would not be doing that. Just normal blogs.

KeralMTG

I do not know about black hat so I would not be doing that. Just normal blogs.
Black hat is a kind of SEO where you do things to improve your rankings in some ways that the search sites like Google does not want you to do.

Ana

Black hat is a kind of SEO where you do things to improve your rankings in some ways that the search sites like Google does not want you to do.
I really do not know what those things are so I hope I do not do them by mistake.

KeralMTG

I really do not know what those things are so I hope I do not do them by mistake.
Usually you do not do them by mistake but when you are trying to do them. You can do some searches in Google to learn about black hat SEO and you can find out some of the things so you know what they are.

Ana

Usually you do not do them by mistake but when you are trying to do them. You can do some searches in Google to learn about black hat SEO and you can find out some of the things so you know what they are.
Ok then I think I will be fine then. I will look to see what they are so I do not do them by mistake. I would not want to harm my blog and be in the bad views.

KeralMTG

Ok then I think I will be fine then. I will look to see what they are so I do not do them by mistake. I would not want to harm my blog and be in the bad views.
I was also lucky when I started my blog that I did not do anything to harm it because I did not know many of the things that could hurt it that I know now. You will learn of them with the time.

ulterios

Based on what you are saying I don't think you would have any problems with putting two blogs on the same hosting. It seems like you are not going to be doing anything that would cause a problem for your blogs so I would say you'll be fine.

Just make sure that you hosting service has enough resources for them to run best and that your plan allows multiple sites to be hosted and you'll be fine.

Ana

Based on what you are saying I don't think you would have any problems with putting two blogs on the same hosting. It seems like you are not going to be doing anything that would cause a problem for your blogs so I would say you'll be fine.

Just make sure that you hosting service has enough resources for them to run best and that your plan allows multiple sites to be hosted and you'll be fine.
Would it maybe be better to get unlimited web hosting? I have seen that listed on some web hosting places.

ulterios

Would it maybe be better to get unlimited web hosting? I have seen that listed on some web hosting places.
No, I would not recommend that usually. Most of the time the web hosts that offer unlimited web hosting are the ones you want to avoid.

Plus, Unlimited web hosting doesn't mean it's unlimited. You have to read the terms of service/use and see what limits their are.

Melker

Put them both on the same hosting if you can and save the money it would cost for another hosting account. Unless you are doing some seo stuff that you don't want the search sites to know about.

Kania

If you have good web hosting then you can put them both on the same web hosting plan but if you have poor hosting then you should not do it. If your hosting is slow or has much down time like mine does then it will hurt both blogs.

Ben

You said that you will not be doing any Black Hat SEO so then just put them on the same hosting as long as they will work without taxing out your server resources.