Your favorite forum software?

exousia

I saw more peoples using myBB, phpBB, and IPB forums these days, I don't know why they liked them.

For me, I will choose Xenforo for best forum cms and MyBB and PHPBB as a good free source for starting a forum.

RDO Servers

I used to really like vBulletin. I'm pretty new to using XenForo, but I'm really likeing it!

My favourite software is PHPBB, it is so good for starting a forum for free and is very powerful. A lot of popular sites use it, it is better than spending money if I am honest.

joeymills

My favourite software is PHPBB, it is so good for starting a forum for free and is very powerful. A lot of popular sites use it, it is better than spending money if I am honest.
I tried to install PHPbb and it's a good forum software but lack of add-ons need for managing a forum like xenforo, vbulletin having.

I'm liking XF now.

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
So far right now I can't choose between MyBB and Zetaboards.
Does it have any advantages of MyBB or Zetaboards?

If you have only a choice, Which one you will choose to build a forum?

Cynical

Does it have any advantages of MyBB or Zetaboards?

If you have only a choice, Which one you will choose to build a forum?

Well, the advantage MyBB has over ZetaBoards is that MyBB actually can be downloaded, while ZetaBoards is hosted for free. But, I just like the features and looks of ZetaBoards. I also like the looks of MyBB.

If I were to choose one to build a forum, I would probably choose MyBB, if I felt like doing the work of hosting, etc.

Reactions: ims

Andrei

I used to love vBulletin, but sadly 3.8.x was their last good version, so long ago.
Lately leaning towards xenforo for paid forum software.

But I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by vanilla recently, so easy to manage/configure/integrate and it has everything it needs.

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
I used to love vBulletin, but sadly 3.8.x was their last good version, so long ago.
Lately leaning towards xenforo for paid forum software.

But I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by vanilla recently, so easy to manage/configure/integrate and it has everything it needs.
I'm surprising why you used vb3x, it lacks of functions and using table on some parts, also non responsive design.

Andrei

I'm surprising why you used vb3x, it lacks of functions and using table on some parts, also non responsive design.

At the time it was a good piece of software, not anymore though, not for some time now with all these other forums keeping up with the times while vB isn't.

ulterios

I've used them all and prefer XenForo for a paid forum software and myBB for a free one. All of them have some good features but overall, given all aspects, these are the two forum scripts for paid and free solutions that are my choice.

unixguru

I'm seeing more and more Xenforo forums, especially since LiteSpeed have a caching module LSCXF (xtn.co/xfcache), to bring alongside LSCWP (WordPress) and LiteMage (Magento).

But if you want sheer flexibility and don't get that many hits, vBulletin is still a favourite.

Dean

vBulletin was always my favorite but I have really started to like Xenforo a lot more lately. I have been on so many forums over the years and almost all used vBulletin, so I kind of got used to how they functioned and that's probably why I liked them so much.

I have noticed a big migration from vBulletin to Xenforo the last couple of years so I guess the masses are speaking and more people seem to like Xenforo better.

Also, most of the free forum software's are not designed with mobile use as a priority and that's a big part of why some of the free scripts are losing ground.

Cheers, Dean