Writing an EBook question

MidnightAngel

I don't read a lot of ebooks, but I do read some. And fearless leader if you're wondering where I've been, that is what I'm working on. My question is this: 8000 word ebook, how many words should you put in a chapter, or how many pages long should it be? This is new to me, so I came to the experts to see if anyone here has the answer. It's a romance, btw.

elcidofaguy

I don't read a lot of ebooks, but I do read some. And fearless leader if you're wondering where I've been, that is what I'm working on. My question is this: 8000 word ebook, how many words should you put in a chapter, or how many pages long should it be? This is new to me, so I came to the experts to see if anyone here has the answer. It's a romance, btw.

My best advise is not to focus on word count and how many chapters...

Ask yourself this....

Q) How long is a piece of string?
A) As long as it needs to be...

In otherwords write your content for your users... As its romance - then I would say write from the heart ;-) Write the most compelling awesome piece of literature that is going to excite your readers and take them on a journey.... When it comes to chapters - well these are simply when your story moves on to a new scene... i.e. different location and time....

Your chapter and page counts should be logical breaks. In other words, make sense. There is no fast and hard rule on the count.