Which web hosting do you recommend?

robertdn

Greetings people,

I am seeing the numerous web hosting services available, what should I look for in deciding which one to buy a package from?
Will my plans for my website determine my choice or does one fit all situations apply?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
Thank you.

freesov

Hi,

You are asking the right questions because your choice of web host definitely hinges on your website plans, i.e. how many sites you may want to host as time passes, any special scripts you need, your budget, etc. For most peoples' needs when starting out, a standard or intermediate package with any reputable hosting company will usually suffice. When I started out I tried a number of hosts, including Namecheap, MadDogDomains, Hostmonster, and Hostgator. After about 3 years of trials, I would have to say that Hostgator is my favorite. Their interface is the most intuitive, and it is much faster for some functions (such as assigning domains), than the others I tried. Hostmonster will leave you staring at an hourglass for 30 seconds sometimes. Don't do GoDaddy hosting (just about universally agreed upon by most webmasters, lol). Almost all are reasonably priced in this competitive space, but you might edge out most of the competition if you go Hostgator with a decent coupon code. I just tested some coupon codes and they are working now, if you need, just send me a PM.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

It's always bewildering choosing a host when there are so many options.

Good luck. :)

robertdn

You are right, I have left godaddy hosting since years ago because or seem godaddy's only for managing domain names instead of using hosting there.

I used hostgator and bluehost but their services decreases by the time and I am studying to manage a VPS and going to have VPS soon. I got problems with shared hostings when my website traffic increased suddenly and they suspended my hosting, it made me annoy in developing a website or ranking for my site when I got some times downtimes by web host.

Besides VPS, which other choices anyone wants to suggest me?

JasonEden

I use several hostings but we prefer iPage, great features and support + very reliable and affordable.
They also register domain names. If you register a domain name and buy their hosting, your domain name is FREE.
Besides, they don't stop at web hosting. They also give free advertising credits on top search engines, search-engine optimization tools, PC backup, malware scanning, security applications, etc.
Unlimited Disk Space, Bandwidth & Email
FREE Domain Name (Free for life, a $9.95 Value)
FREE Security Suite
FREE Site-Building Tools
FREE Online Store
FREE Google & Yahoo! Marketing Coupons
And more!

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DTS-NET

It aways comes down to your budget and requirements always be sure the host has great support and uptime vps is also good fit for high volume site

bestcast4u

Hostgator, Bluehost, Ipage all are EIG brand hosting company. There is many small companies providing good hosting for resonable price

jpy

One should avoid free hosting - as there is usually some catch. Also, you have to take into consideration what your running. For instance, if your a web developer running many forums, then you might want to look into the best deals for a VPS or server.

Soulwatcher

I highly recommend Stable host, The have a 3 tier payment system $5 which is good for a single website $9 which is good for a large website or shared websites and $29.99 which is good for large busy websites. And they also offer VPS and dedicated servers. I have been using them off and on now for 2 years and I never had a single problem with them.

ulterios

I highly recommend Stable host, The have a 3 tier payment system $5 which is good for a single website $9 which is good for a large website or shared websites and $29.99 which is good for large busy websites. And they also offer VPS and dedicated servers. I have been using them off and on now for 2 years and I never had a single problem with them.
I have never tried them myself but some other people that I deal with use them and say that their hosting is very fast for loading times of your sites.

I may check them out at some point in the future because fast is important to me. ;)

melvs

Greetings people,

I am seeing the numerous web hosting services available, what should I look for in deciding which one to buy a package from?
Will my plans for my website determine my choice or does one fit all situations apply?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated
Thank you.

Hello! I know that this thread was created last 2 years ago. I would just like to share my experience. I have tried 2 web hosting iPage and GoDaddy! And a much better choice will be GoDaddy. I have concerns which iPage was unable to troubleshoot but with GoDaddy I was able to fix the problem and also because the features that I see with GoDaddy I was not able to see with iPage. Hopeful that you guys that want some good hosting you can go to GoDaddy.

KeralMTG

Hello! I know that this thread was created last 2 years ago. I would just like to share my experience. I have tried 2 web hosting iPage and GoDaddy! And a much better choice will be GoDaddy. I have concerns which iPage was unable to troubleshoot but with GoDaddy I was able to fix the problem and also because the features that I see with GoDaddy I was not able to see with iPage. Hopeful that you guys that want some good hosting you can go to GoDaddy.
I tried godaddy and I was always getting warnings saying I was using too much resources and had to buy more. Did you get this warning too?