Which free social media service is better, Buffer or Hootsuite?

Catherine1

I want to try out one of these services using just their free service at first to get the hang of it. which one would you recommend and is there anything that I would need to know about either service?

All help will be appreciated. :D

Maria Marketing

I was wanting to know that myself. I was looking at reviews and they seem to be split between them. I was going to ask here eventually and see about getting some input from users of these but I guess you beat me to it.

I'll be watching this post.

Catherine1

I was wanting to know that myself. I was looking at reviews and they seem to be split between them. I was going to ask here eventually and see about getting some input from users of these but I guess you beat me to it.

I'll be watching this post.
I saw that myself also which is why I asked. I was leaning towards Buffer but I am not really sure since they are very similar.

Kania

I checked on both of these and they seem to be mostly the same things. When I read about them I was seeing people say that it was just a matter of your preference so I would just use the one you think is better for you and you like more.

Maria Marketing

I saw that myself also which is why I asked. I was leaning towards Buffer but I am not really sure since they are very similar.
Buffer was the one that stood out to me as well. I might just sign up for both and try their free accounts to see which I like better and then go with the best one.

KeralMTG

I tried Buffer some time ago and it was pretty good. You can not really fine tune the time your posts are made for each post but by a schedule. I would like to see that. I don't know if Hootsuite has that feature on not so you might want to check it.

Dean

I have used both of these and I can say that there are not really any major differences in them, or at least there aren't that would really matter.

I can tell you that Buffer's starting paid plan is about half of the price of Hootsuite's similar plan so if you do start going beyond a free plan then Buffer is the better value.