Which color you like best when viewing a website?

Hi,

what do you guys think the color of your website can affect to decisions when a customer buys somethings from it?

elcidofaguy

Black text on white background in my opinion is best as I find I can read it better where as sites with black background and white text I find difficult to read... That aside the choice of colours which make up your brand is neither here or there in my opinion as long as its looks professional and its clear where the call to actions are...

That said there are some obvious ones to avoid such as if your target audience is male or female e.g. would you use pink for a male orientated website talking about boxing?

Here is an interesting infograph which can help with choosing colours:

2013-01-20-Color_Emotion_Guide22.png

David Ewen

Well, I suppose it would depend on what the website is about. I think vibrant solid colors like blue, red, black, green work best. But that's just me. Try taking a look at common news publication sites. Some make use of white space. Others crowd with logos, but are very specific to colors that you may be looking for. But then again, a news site may not be what you are looking for. This Forum makes use of a strong orange and dark gray. Facebook uses blue. Twitter uses a different blue. I'd like to hear what other people think. It's a good question.

Hi,

what do you guys think the color of your website can affect to decisions when a customer buys somethings from it?

MidnightAngel

For personal websites, I love bold, bright, 'look at me!' colors. For professional websites, I think that as long as it's clear and crisp, and readable, the color scheme doesn't matter to me. I'm working on my own right now, and have chosen to go with black, teal, and white. Those three seemed to go well together.

this question is not really black and white is it.. it depends on the website content, and what you are trying to achieve. For example, I have a website that uses a black background because of the content and what it was designed for.

You are not going to use a black background on a church website for example.. well depending on the church you are designing for :p. Most of these types of websites will be white or an off white color depending on the church as well..

Blogs can generally be any color that pulls the content to you.

However, it usually comes down to personal preference for each project you design.

animeshe14

Perfect! I was actually planning to ask this in the forum because I am planning on making a blog and I needed ideas on making it look professional. I Will surely follow this post.

In my opinion it depends on the niche of the site. If I am going to a professional website then I prefer it being the basic black text and white background but if it's a site for ghost stories :olov: or creepy pastas then I prefer the black background and the white text. It makes it more creepy.
:Dans2::Ok:

Catherine1

Personally I think that the colors of the website should have a direct relation to the subject or topic of the website. I think seeing something that relates to what you are reading, shopping for or interested in is the best choice.

I don't think everyone takes the color of their website into consideration and it's potential for success, but they should.

I think I live every color because each color have its own beauty.

Dean

I can't say I really have a color I like best for all types of websites, I think it depends on what exactly the niche of the website is.

Some things I think look better for a darker colored website and others with lighter colors.

Overall, I have always liked the color blue, and a lot of the sites I have built have blue as one of the colors. Sometimes though I might do something in bright colors if it fits what the site is about. I guess I can say that there is no one particular color that I like best for all sites, but if I had to pick one it would be something in the blue ranges.

Cheers, Dean

Waqass

Well most of you guys know it...it depends upon the subject of website...food websites go with orange,yellow or red...feminine websites go with pink, white, peach and other soft colors...tech websites go with black, blue...general news blogs,shops go with plain solid colors for better visibility. However exceptions are always there and this makes your website unique and stand out in the crowd but this seldom happen that's why its unique . I know it's a paradox kind of thing.
And in the end yes we like "BLUE".

Catherine1

Well most of you guys know it...it depends upon the subject of website...food websites go with orange,yellow or red...feminine websites go with pink, white, peach and other soft colors...tech websites go with black, blue...general news blogs,shops go with plain solid colors for better visibility. However exceptions are always there and this makes your website unique and stand out in the crowd but this seldom happen that's why its unique . I know it's a paradox kind of thing.
One of my blogs is going to have a lot of food posts on it, so then orange, red and yellow would be good colors for it? I had not thought about those color choices but if it might help the blog at least a little then I might consider using them. I have not really done much research for the colors but I guess those seem like they would work well. I'd better start paying attention to other food related blogs and their color choices.

Yes, it has got every suitable color for every topic

ulterios

To me as long as the site looks good and the colors that are used on that site are appropriate for it, I really do not have much of a preference. As long as the colors used are easy on the eyes, look good and work well together and are not some horrible neon or crazy colors then I have not a lot of choice.

As for my own websites and blog, I like to make the colors appropriate and fitting for the topic of the site and what it covers. Greens for money related, Earth tones for home related and so on.

KeralMTG

I always like the websites that use blue colors. I like the medium and darker blues better than the light blues. I read somewhere that I can't remember that blue is the most used color for websites. I will probably use some kind of blue and 1 other color for my site.