Where are you from?

Melker

My name fidel and i,m living in Roxas City Philippines.Come visit here.There are more tourist spot here that you can't find in another country
Nice to meet you Fidel. It seems like it must be a really nice place if there are so many tourist spots there. I have wanted to go there for holiday one day after a friend of mine told me how much he liked it and how beautiful the Philippines were. He spent 2 weeks going all over the Philippines to many locations and said it was great. One day I hope I can visit there. :)

squeeze

Nice to meet you Fidel. It seems like it must be a really nice place if there are so many tourist spots there. I have wanted to go there for holiday one day after a friend of mine told me how much he liked it and how beautiful the Philippines were. He spent 2 weeks going all over the Philippines to many locations and said it was great. One day I hope I can visit there. :)
Yes if you come here contact me either so i can meet you in person and i can tourist you here sir,

Ben

I'm new here and wanted to see about learning something about the community I have just joined so I thought I would ask where some of you are from.

I'm from New York, USA but have been living in Europe for a while now in a few different countries. I have to say that I miss the US and I am looking to visit in a couple months.

So, where are you from?
I'm from New York too buddy. :Thumb:

I travel a lot for work but NY is my home and always will be. I haven't been to Europe like you yet but there are some places I would like to visit one day.

Nice to meet you and see you around the site.

Catherine1

I'm from the United States but I am now living in France and have been for a while now. It's very different from what I am used to and it took me a while to get more comfortable here but it's very nice and I like the area that I live in.

Melker

I'm from New York too buddy. :Thumb:

I travel a lot for work but NY is my home and always will be. I haven't been to Europe like you yet but there are some places I would like to visit one day.

Nice to meet you and see you around the site.
Nice to meet you too. Nice to see another New Yorker here. :Thumb:

I am hoping to get back there later this year. I like it here but I miss NY a lot.

Reactions: Ben

Melker

I'm from the United States but I am now living in France and have been for a while now. It's very different from what I am used to and it took me a while to get more comfortable here but it's very nice and I like the area that I live in.
That about as big of a change as mine. Moving to a new country can sure be strange as I have learned myself but it can be fun too.

Catherine1

That about as big of a change as mine. Moving to a new country can sure be strange as I have learned myself but it can be fun too.
Yeah it's a big change but it has been pretty good because we have a lot of family here. My hardest part is having to learn how to communicate since I didn't know much French before moving here.

Melker

Yeah it's a big change but it has been pretty good because we have a lot of family here. My hardest part is having to learn how to communicate since I didn't know much French before moving here.
Same for me when I moved here since I didn't speak anything but English. I like it here though. :)

Catherine1

Same for me when I moved here since I didn't speak anything but English. I like it here though. :)
That's good. I only wish I had started to learn the language before I moved so things would be easier from the start.

Melker

That's good. I only wish I had started to learn the language before I moved so things would be easier from the start.
I actually bought some ebooks and some friends gave me some DVD courses to help learn once I knew I was moving here for sure but I kept putting it off and never got to it until after I got here. It's good though because many people speak English or at least some and it's usually enough to understand each other.

Catherine1

I actually bought some ebooks and some friends gave me some DVD courses to help learn once I knew I was moving here for sure but I kept putting it off and never got to it until after I got here. It's good though because many people speak English or at least some and it's usually enough to understand each other.
I was going to do something like that but I ended up moving sooner than expected. I have been getting some French lessons from time to time fro one of my neighbors.

She was an English teacher many years ago for the school system locally and retired not long ago so she has tought me some things.

Melker

I was going to do something like that but I ended up moving sooner than expected. I have been getting some French lessons from time to time fro one of my neighbors.

She was an English teacher many years ago for the school system locally and retired not long ago so she has tought me some things.
I wish I had a neighbor like that. :Dans2:

I have been just trying to pick up things as I need them. I keep saying I am going to take some classes but just have not looked to see about them.

JoeMilford

I am actually from the Southern United States, and I have lived here my whole life, except when I lived in the Midwest for college and in Arizona for work. I do miss the desert in Arizona, I must admit. That environment really did sing to my soul. I don't miss the winters of Iowa though.

cesarmatute

Hi, my name is Cesar Matute. I'm from Venezuela. It's a very beautiful country. It's a shame the latest politicians have converted Venezuela in a very poor country. Sorry for the political topic, but it's unavoidable when you speak about Venezuela these days.

I hope I can soon move to another country like many Venezuelans these last 5 years.

I'm a Systems Engineer, and I expect to find a job in Canada, where my brother in law lives.

Tania997

I'm from Italy. You should come visit this place, it's beautiful. I always saw this country as something that gets ruined by people, because there is so much to see and some places are so beautiful, but people are hesitant to come here because there are a lot of stupid people, and prejudices are frequent here. The majority of the immigrants are not bad people, but as I said, prejudices here are frequent and you will encounter racism in stupid people.

Melker

I am actually from the Southern United States, and I have lived here my whole life, except when I lived in the Midwest for college and in Arizona for work. I do miss the desert in Arizona, I must admit. That environment really did sing to my soul. I don't miss the winters of Iowa though.
Do you miss the desert because you like hot places or just the beauty of it?
Hi, my name is Cesar Matute. I'm from Venezuela. It's a very beautiful country. It's a shame the latest politicians have converted Venezuela in a very poor country. Sorry for the political topic, but it's unavoidable when you speak about Venezuela these days.

I hope I can soon move to another country like many Venezuelans these last 5 years.

I'm a Systems Engineer, and I expect to find a job in Canada, where my brother in law lives.
Nice to meet you Cesar and I am sorry to hear about what has happened to your country. Venezuela was always one of the countries that I wanted to visit growing up when I was always seeing such beautiful scenery. Hopefully it can get better soon.
My name is Soum. I'm from Mumbai,India
I'm new here and this is my first post on this website
Nice to meet you here Soum. I hope to see you around here more in the future.
I'm from Italy. You should come visit this place, it's beautiful. I always saw this country as something that gets ruined by people, because there is so much to see and some places are so beautiful, but people are hesitant to come here because there are a lot of stupid people, and prejudices are frequent here. The majority of the immigrants are not bad people, but as I said, prejudices here are frequent and you will encounter racism in stupid people.
I do want to visit Italy one day. It has so many beautiful things to see and discover. It's at the top of my list of countries that I want to visit some day.

cesarmatute

Do you miss the desert because you like hot places or just the beauty of it?

Nice to meet you Cesar and I am sorry to hear about what has happened to your country. Venezuela was always one of the countries that I wanted to visit growing up when I was always seeing such beautiful scenery. Hopefully it can get better soon.

Nice to meet you here Soum. I hope to see you around here more in the future.

I do want to visit Italy one day. It has so many beautiful things to see and discover. It's at the top of my list of countries that I want to visit some day.
Thank you. I hope so.

luispas

I'm from Venezuela, but I don't want to talk about the sad and horrible things we are struggling right now, that's a cliche, it's not that I'm selfish or just ignoring that situation, it's that I don't want people feel shame for me and my country. This is a great place, where people it's so kind, we all have a beautiful heart and love to share with others. I like my country but since I was a little kid I've had the wish to move to another place, I'm on my way to do it :)