What factors matter for Pagerank?

Angela L

It has been 2 months that I’m working on my website and still I have ZERO page rank. I am getting good backlinks on daily basis then how come I have no rank. Is there any problem, if yes, then what? Can someone explain what factors matter for Pagerank?

Andrei

Pagerank is outdated and has almost zero impact anymore on your website ranking in Google. You should focus on more modern SEO goals.

elcidofaguy

Google has not updated PageRank to the public since Dec 2013 and its safe to assume that it will never be updated to the public... PR is not dead its just that in Google's wisdom its no longer being provided to the public... Probably to put a stop to PR related backlink purchases/services etc... Therefore forget PR!!!

Your best option is to use third party metrics but do note they are 3rd party and should only be used as part of a combined assessment... I recommend MOZ DA/PA, Majestic CF/TF...

Finally your focus should be on increasing traffic and ranking positions... Besides PR was only one of many factors and further was never a single metric which explained ranking positions...

Angela L

Google has not updated PageRank to the public since Dec 2013 and its safe to assume that it will never be updated to the public... PR is not dead its just that in Google's wisdom its no longer being provided to the public... Probably to put a stop to PR related backlink purchases/services etc... Therefore forget PR!!!

Your best option is to use third party metrics but do note they are 3rd party and should only be used as part of a combined assessment... I recommend MOZ DA/PA, Majestic CF/TF...

Finally your focus should be on increasing traffic and ranking positions... Besides PR was only one of many factors and further was never a single metric which explained ranking positions...

Thank you so much for the clarification. It removed my worries about page rank.

Now, I will take care of MOZ DA/PA, Majestic CF/TF for my website.

Angela L.

Wizard

High quality article and back links will help to improve pagerank (do follow links). Get back links from directories, Social bookmarking, Guest Posts, Web 2.0 sites, Article Submission....