what are best ways to promote a website?

surferz

hi guys,

what are best ways to promote a website, what are best methods that low cost for advertising on other platforms?

Please share your advice

Andrei

What type of website is it exactly? Because different sites need to be promoted in different ways on different platforms, etc.

surferz

What type of website is it exactly? Because different sites need to be promoted in different ways on different platforms, etc.
I have built an affiliate site about wordpress theme & tutorials, added some modules for affiliate such as web hosting, coupon codes for domain and hosting and promoting some template companies there.

Is it a good niche for earning from affiliate programs or advertising?

Andrei

I have built an affiliate site about wordpress theme & tutorials, added some modules for affiliate such as web hosting, coupon codes for domain and hosting and promoting some template companies there.

Is it a good niche for earning from affiliate programs or advertising?

It's a good niche but it's also a saturated niche, as there are already countless of such websites. It'll be hard to rise up in google ranks for the keywords you're interested in.

1. Focus on Website SEO. ...
  2. Social Media Marketing. ...
  3. Search Engine Listing. ...
  4. Signature Branding. ...
  5. Reciprocal Linking. ...
  6. Focus on Quality Content. ...
  7. Use Google Local Business.

Muzzamil

hi guys,

what are best ways to promote a website, what are best methods that low cost for advertising on other platforms?

Please share your advice
SEO can single handedly help you promote your website because people will be able to find your website through searching on a search engine. You can also do social media marketing in which you will create a Fan page about your website and post valuable content and have people interact on it. There are many free ways to promote your website, you just have to get creative a little. You could also make make videos and post on Youtube. Videos are working the best now days because people want to see videos rather than read your sales copy.

Dean

You could also make make videos and post on Youtube. Videos are working the best now days because people want to see videos rather than read your sales copy.
Great post Muzzamil! I have wanted to try to use videos for marketing myself but I have no experience in video creation so I guess I would have to have someone create them for me. I just do know enough about video creation to give it a shot. I think that there is a lot of potential in videos for the exact reason that you stated, that people would rather watch videos than read something.

I would also have to have someone do it because I don't think that I would be able to do the talking through the video without sounding like a fool. I was never any good at doing any kind of things like this as far as speaking in front of a camera.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

The best low/no cost method of promoting a website or blog IMO is social media promoting. You can get a real good amount of traffic and website visitors by using a consistent social media marketing campaign on the social networks that best fit your particular niche and needs.

You can use a free or paid service to help automate the process so that it takes a lot less time to do or you can also buy software that can do this for you as well.

The key is consistency and doing it across multiple social media platforms regularly. It's also best to not over-do it as that can be seen as spam by the social sites and their users as well. Just be consistent and try to intrigue the viewers into wanting to visit your website.

You can also promote some kind of give-away of an eBook or something on the social media sites to try to draw people to your site to get the free promotion.

There are many ways but few are going to have the impact right away like social media promoting can have. ;)