Vps or shared hosting for wordpress?

Argus

As long as you aren't getting a huge amount of traffic, then a shared hosting service should be fine. Then, once your website gets bigger and has more traffic and a shared hosting service can't keep up, you can then move to a VPS if you want. A single WordPress website would rarely need more than a good shared hosting service.

Unless you have something out of the normal, then you probably wouldn't tell the difference in your website if you are using a good shared hosting service or a VPS service. I would just get a good shared hosting service and later move if you need.

Good Luck. ;)
Thank you. Then ok, I will use a shared at first I guess or at least till I need a better hosting service. Is there certain things that I need to look for when searching for a shared hosting plan? How can I tell which ones have good hosting? I am sorry but I just do not know this yet.

unixguru

You can host a decently optimised blog/site with thousands of visitors per day on shared hosting, and you can easily migrate to a VPS when your visitor numbers increase,

Argus

You can host a decently optimised blog/site with thousands of visitors per day on shared hosting, and you can easily migrate to a VPS when your visitor numbers increase,
How can someone tell if their website is optimized well or not? This is something that I do not know of and how to tell if a website is optimized. Does this mean setup properly?

Rackend

First of all you should think about how many plugins you will need to be installed and what exact plugin names. Some of them are too heavy for shared hosting. Second, if you are going to get much traffic than shared would be also not enough.

Dean

First of all you should think about how many plugins you will need to be installed and what exact plugin names. Some of them are too heavy for shared hosting.
Yes, this is very true. Some people love to have lots and lots of plugins and do not realize that many of them need a lot of resources. If they want to have lots of plugins that use up server resources then they should at least get a VPS.

Cheers, Dean.