Using one Web Host vs Using multiple Web Hosts

Nomnom

I've read that web hosts offering the capacity to cater to unlimited websites at a low price is pretty unreliable. Some have said that availing of a web host package that caters only to one website offers better service. But what if I have more than 1 website? Is it better to avail of the more expensive hosting package and manage all sites in one web host? Or is it better to avail of hosting packages in multiple hosting providers and manage my websites in separate accounts? Which do you think will yield the better results? Which will be more cost efficient?

JohnQ

I assume that you are talking about shared web hosting since that is the type of hosting that some providers have unlimited this and that.

If you get a good shared hosting package at a good service provider then you can run multiple websites without much problem unless you are getting a whole lot of traffic.

Check out the resources that the hosts are offering because there can be a major difference in the fine details of what they are offering.

The RAM and Storage are 2 things that I look at first and maybe the bandwidth. Most poor hosting services skimp on the resources so keep an eye on what they are and if they don't show all of them then ask.

You can go with multiple hosting services if you want but you wouldn't need it if you just had one good service.

Nomnom

Yep, I'm referring to shared hosting plans as vps and dedicated plans are pretty costly. I tried vps before and had a hard time paying the monthly dues.

You say that shared hosting sites have limitations when it comes to web traffic. In your experience what is the daily web traffic that shared web host plans can accommodate?

My sites usually get 500 to 1,000 views per day. If I promote on Reddit, it usually gets a lot more. Can shared hosting plans support this traffic? It's not that much..

Marcos

I've read that web hosts offering the capacity to cater to unlimited websites at a low price is pretty unreliable. Some have said that availing of a web host package that caters only to one website offers better service. But what if I have more than 1 website? Is it better to avail of the more expensive hosting package and manage all sites in one web host? Or is it better to avail of hosting packages in multiple hosting providers and manage my websites in separate accounts? Which do you think will yield the better results? Which will be more cost efficient?
Using multiple hosts might become too much work. You can just get better hosting with more resources and use just one of them. That would make it much easier and convenient.

ulterios

Yep, I'm referring to shared hosting plans as vps and dedicated plans are pretty costly. I tried vps before and had a hard time paying the monthly dues.
Have you checked out the prices for OVH VPS services? They have unmanaged SSD VPS's starting at about $3.50 per month.

In your experience what is the daily web traffic that shared web host plans can accommodate?
It can vary widely between one shared web hosting provider and another. It depends on the server that the hosting is on, it's CPU, your allocated RAM, the type of Hard Drives and several other factors.

With some shared hosting services you can get a lot lower amount of traffic before you start using up your resources sooner than with others.

Not all shared web hosting services are created or perform equally. ;)

My sites usually get 500 to 1,000 views per day. If I promote on Reddit, it usually gets a lot more. Can shared hosting plans support this traffic? It's not that much..
This amount shouldn't be a problem on a good shared hosting service like Namecheap, especially their ultimate shared plan. I would stay away from GoDaddy shared hosting, EIG owned hosting brands and most of those free or dirt cheap hosts.