To be successful at Internet Marketing?

Maric66

To be successful at Internet Marketing, what do I need to do?

All your advices are appreciated.

nesito29

To be successful at Internet Marketing, what do I need to do?

All your advices are appreciated.

The best advise I can give you is get yourself a mentor, completely follow his/her advise and or method. Most of the time we over-complicate things when in reality it's incredibly simple! If you want to succeed in the Internet Marketing niche you have to do what most are not doing and that's building your list from day one. Unfortunately the vast majority of people start following advise from people that don't have the results they want. and get those same results.

Here's what I don't recommend you do if you want to succeed in the internet marketing niche.
  • Start a blog (at least not to get traffic and leads, you know SEO stuff..).
  • Build a website (basically anything related to this).
Your blog should be where you send people once you have your list in order to transmit something that's just too long to do in an email. That way you get the traffic. It's the fastest way to do it. If you want to rank in the internet marketing niche it can take you from weeks to months or even years depending on the keyword you want to rank for.

I've built lists with a little over 10k people in 55 days using only free methods. Wouldn't it be better to invest that time in building your list instead of trying to rank for a keyword?

Now it's true that ranking your website can be the best thing that can happen to you, after all you get the traffic you need and want "for free" (you've already invested a lot of time trying to rank in the first place), this is truly rewarding but very time consuming.

In my humble opinion the best thing you can do is build your list, this way you can profit from day 1.

I hope this helps you in your online marketing journey.

To your success,
Jonathan N

Michael Meaney

• Start a blog (at least not to get traffic and leads, you know SEO stuff..).
  • Build a website (basically anything related to this).
@nesito29 nice post..

Could you give me extra info on what is the difference between starting a blog and building a website to succeed with internet marketing?

which helps me grow my business quickly?

nesito29

@nesito29 nice post..

Could you give me extra info on what is the difference between starting a blog and building a website to succeed with internet marketing?

which helps me grow my business quickly?

Hey there Michael Meaney
Sure! I can give you extra information about it :)

In this particular case a blog helps you start "blogging" (spreading your ideas and unlike forums sharing the best possible content, with real proof. Not just opinions) and sharing your professional advise through case studies, professionally written articles, etc. and brand yourself or your company.

A website is a series of static pages with information users want or need. Most of the time a website will have a blog in their domain as well, this helps them interact with users through comments, making it more personal. This is usually made in order to create an authority site.

Now.. What I would advise you is forget about building a website (authority site), and focus on building your list. There are many ways to do this but the best thing I've found working is with a one page site commonly known as "squeeze page". With the help of your squeeze page you start collecting emails in exchange of a "lead magnet" (a give away), this can be access to a video, report, audio, webinar, etc. Most people give a free report and I've found that "cheat sheets" work the best for conversions.

Your blog will be started once you have a "list" of targeted people that you can send to it. With the help of you blog you transmit ideas that are just too long to send on an email.

In this case if your niche is internet marketing, building a website will take too long to rank and get great results and I wouldn't recommend it. One of the big mistakes I always see newbies making is creating websites in extremely high competitive niches like "internet marketing" and try to get their website ranked with that keyword.. And it will just never happen! There are ginormous websites out-there like entrepreneur ranking for that keyword and let's face it, you won't beat their authority. They have a massive staff of people working on their site daily and since people are starting.. Well they don't have staff to help.

The best thing people can do if they want to rank websites/blogs if choose a low competitive niche, build your website/blog and rank it. However if you want to go to extremely competitive niches like "internet marketing" I won't tell you not to, in fact I encourage you to do it, just don't do what 99% of the people do which is build their website and try to make it rank... Just focus yourself in building your list and you can start making a profit from day 1. Depending on your approach and marketing strategy.

I hope this helps you and if there is anything else you want to know just let me know :)

Online Bliss

The best thing people can do if they want to rank websites/blogs if choose a low competitive niche, build your website/blog and rank it
Great article, I've real all your words on it.

I don't know way how to choose a low competitive niche that get easier to rank on search engines. what should I use to find these niches or keywords for low competitive?

nesito29

Great article, I've real all your words on it.

I don't know way how to choose a low competitive niche that get easier to rank on search engines. what should I use to find these niches or keywords for low competitive?

Ok pay close attention to this because I only share this with my subscribers on webinars but, I've decided to make an exception this time and share it with everyone here. This info is worth about $100 so copy it to your clipboard or something.

Here's what I do in order to find low competitive niches. Use Google's Keyword Planner, search for a keyword in the "search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category" (search for something like cats of something like that whatever comes to mind), click search and then select the keyword ideas section, there Google will drop related keywords to the one you searched first. That the way to start, just have under consideration that the competition tab that appears there is for the adwords ads hence, should not be considered unless, you are running an ad... If that's the case then... Well, you will need it.

The keywords you choose must have from 4000 - 8,999 searches/month to be a fair keyword, if you find one with 30k/month searches that's a JACKPOT. Now all you have to do is do the competitive research using google's search engine. If there are 3 or more than 3 exact matches in the titles the SERP drops then move on to the next keyword. When you find the keyword that complies with this you have to do a market competition scale using the SEOquake plugin for Chrome and Firefox.

When you search using google look for the "PR" section, there you will find a number usually from 0 to 7 or sometimes N/A (not available which will be considered as 0). Here you will do simple math. Add the numbers that show up on every result then divide it by the number of results that appeared on page 1 of Google, that's the average of competition (MCS). I usually go to a niche if it returns from PR0 - PR2.

After that use the following table to determine the competition and time that could take you to rank for that given keyword.

Market Size Scale:
0 - 3,999 = Poor
4,000 - 8,999 = Fair
9,000 - 14,999 = Good
15,000 - 29,000 = Excellent
30,000+ = JACKPOT

Market Competition Scale:
PR0 - Very easy to rank (days to weeks)
PR1 - Easy (days to weeks)
PR2 - Somewhat easy (few weeks)
PR3 - Moderate (weeks to months)
PR4 - Moderately difficult (several months)
PR5+ - Very difficult (months to years)

Also have in mind that increasing your domain authority is important, Moz plugin for Chrome will help you see your domain's authority and your competition's.

Use this to choose what niches to go into and get involved.

To your success,
Jonathan Nunez